This month I am hosting the July edition of Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger. Sea at the Book of Yum organizes the monthly event. Since she is expecting Baby Yum to arrive this month, she requested some help with hosting it. I am happy to help. The event encourages you to find other gluten-free bloggers and try some of their fabulous gluten-free recipes. It’s really been fun for me. Why not join us this month?
Simple rules for participation, as described on Book of Yum (with a few modifications for hosting at Celiac Family):
1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.
*Blogger’s recipes must all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes
*Please pick a different blogger every time you participate
2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.
3) Make the recipe, photograph it and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe. Link back to this event announcement in your post.
*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And, please don’t print their recipe on your post- just provide your reader a link to their original recipe.
4) Email me at celiacfamily[at]gmail[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe and the URL of the original blogger’s recipe post.
*Note: If you have general questions, please don’t email me at this address but post them here so everyone can read the question (and answer).
5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here (and comment!).
*The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!
Sign up BEFORE July 24th (loose deadline; late sign-ups are ok)
Post your Review and Email me by July 31 (firm deadline, no foolin’)
If you don’t have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign up to adopt a blogger, write a review of one of their recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL and recipe title. Then take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. I’ll create a special page just for our non-blogging participants and post it for you.
If you’re still wanting more details, check out Book of Yum’s official page of the Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger Event. It contains links to past events you can peruse.
So that’s it. Get started by choosing a blogger to adopt and posting your choice in the comments below. I’ll start the sign-ups by adopting Maureen at Hold the Gluten.
Adoption Sign-up Sheet
- Maureen at Hold the Gluten (adopted by Heather at Celiac Family)
- Elana at Elana’s Pantry (adopted by Amy Green at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free)
- Becky at Radish Boy (adopted by Andrea at Plum for the Picking)
- Gina at The Gluten-Free Gourmand (adopted by Cinde at Gluten Free Taste of Home)
- Karina of Karina’s Kitchen (adopted by Rachel at Living Without Wheat)