The Gluten-Free Menu Swap theme this week is Apples. Visit Melissa at Mom’s Plans for the roundup of gluten-free menus.
I didn’t get to make the plum pie I was planning last week, and although I was really looking forward to making my mom’s Apple Crumb Pie this week, it looks like it’s going to be Peach Pie instead. When I went to the farmers’ market last week, I couldn’t resist the sweet smell of the fresh peaches. And when the vendor heard I was making pie, he offered a flat of barely bruised peaches for less than a third of the usual price. How could I say no?
Even without an apple pie to make, I’m thinking I’ll pick up a few apples at the grocery store to cut up fresh slices for after-school snacks. And, depending on the temperature, I’ll make a Rainbow Vegetable Apple Salad or baked apples to serve with grilled pork chops for dinner this week.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Chicken Apple Sausage, Roasted Potatoes, Sautéed Zucchini
Wednesday – Grilled Steaks, Sweet Potato Fries, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday – Grilled Pork Chops, Baked Apples or Rainbow Apple Salad
Friday – Salmon Fish Bites, Cilantro Lime Rice
Saturday – Indian Chicken, Jasmine Rice, Green Beans
Sunday – leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, visit Mom’s Plans.
- Next week’s roundup will be back at CeliacFamily.com, and the theme will be Breakfast. Please feel free to join us and share your ideas, whether you’re making traditional breakfast foods for dinner or just want to share your favorite breakfast meals.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.