This week’s theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap is Asparagus.
I am ready for some spring weather. Mother Nature keeps teasing me with a few warm days, and then sending us cold, wind, and even snow flurries. But I am moving forward with eating fresh spring vegetables, and I’m starting with asparagus.
I found some enticing asparagus recipes to try:
- Asparagus with Lime and Mint at Simply Recipes
- Crunchy Asparagus Fries (seasoned and baked) at The Naked Avocado
- Shaved Asparagus Salad at The Fitchen
- Thai Flat Rice Noodles with Broccoli, Asparagus, and Mushrooms at Vegetarian Gastronomy
Check below our menu plan for more gluten-free menus and ideas for cooking with asparagus.
Monday - Leftovers
Thursday - Beef (Marinated Sirloin Strips) Stir-fry with Broccoli, Asparagus, and Mushrooms
Friday - Grilled Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Simple Asparagus
Saturday - Pizza, Rainbow Apple Salad
Sunday - Grilled Burgers, Corn on the Cob, Crunchy Asparagus Fries
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
Kimberlee is starting her week with a Greek Pasta Salad and Tomato and Cucumber Salad. If you wanted to add asparagus to your meals, you could certainly toss it into either salad. For the rest of the week, Kimberlee will be having Baked Pork Chops, Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Chicken, Slow Cooker Chili, Chili Cheese Fries, Chocolate Chip Pancakes, and Hot Dogs with Baked Beans.
Mom’s Plans: Paleo AIP Candida
No asparagus on Melissa’s menu plan this week. Instead, you’ll find on her menu Pork, homemade fries, Baby Back Ribs, Italian Wedding Soup made with spiraled zucchini instead of pasta, Fabulous Fish Tacos using lettuce for shells, Turkey and Broccoli Bake, Cabbage Wrapped Lamb Burritos, and Lemon Terragon Salmon Fillets.
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori has a great-looking asparagus with bacon and parmesan on her menu this week. She is also making a Potato and Asparagus Frittata that looks great. The remainder of her week will include Roasted Chicken, Grape and Craisin Chicken Salad, Cobb Salad, Kid-Friendly GF Hamburger Helper, and Tacos.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth says her family enjoys eating asparagus steamed or grilled. Her young daughter doesn’t enjoy the harder stems, but does like to eat the tips. Elisabeth also likes to add leftover asparagus to scrambled eggs. This week’s dinner options include Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles, Tacos with a Lentil/Quinoa filling, Beans with Hot Dogs, Veggie Pot Pie (with asparagus, perhaps?), Pizza, Smoothies, and Fish Sticks.
Thanks for joining us this week. Be sure to come back next week for more gluten-free menus and meal ideas including Beets.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s theme will be Beets. The roundup will be posted at Celiac Family.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.