Beef is the theme for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap. I’m often trying to find a theme for the menu swap that we haven’t chosen before. And this seems to be the first time for beef. Other than the few recipes I’ve linked in our menu below, you may be interested in Beef Kabobs and my review of Gluten-Free Gobsmacked’s recipe for Cheese Bread, which I have used for hamburger buns.
I also found some informative links you may find interesting if you eat beef:
- Cuts of Beef – explained with suggested methods of cooking and recipes
- Guide to Lean Cuts of Beef – with fat and calorie totals indicated
- Best Value Steak Cuts – rated by tenderness, flavor, and price
- Grass-Fed Beef vs. Grain-Fed Beef – differences in nutrition, taste, and tenderness explored
Check out the Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup below for more gluten-free menus, meals, recipe links, and ideas for including beef in your meals.
Monday — A busy evening calls for eating out at Chick-fil-a. Grilled Chicken Garden Salads for the adults and Grilled Chicken Nuggets for the kids.
Thursday — Marinated Flank Steak, Oven-roasted Sweet Potatoes, Spinach Salad
Friday — Fish Sticks, French Fries, Green Beans
Sunday — leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Meals
Last month, Angela’s Family purchased over 100 lbs of grass-fed beef. Fortunately, she has plenty of freezer and beef recipes to make good use of it. You may want to consider trying Beef Empanadas, Enchilada Meatballs, or Korean-style Shredded Beef Tacos. This week, her family will get to enjoy Beef and Butternut Squash Stew, Mexican Cornbread Casserole, as well as Homemade Beef Sausage, Chicken White Bean and Kale Soup, and Swedish Meatballs.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
Kimberlee is preparing London Broil for her family this week. She also has Chicken Enchiladas, Fresh Tomato Cucumber Salad, Black Bean Chicken Chili, and Chicken Wings on the dinner menu. You will also find breakfast and lunch recipes/ideas on her menu this week.
Beyond Rice and Tofu: Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Meals
Renee doesn’t often eat beef, or meat of any kind, at her house. But she does have plenty of tasty meals on her menu this week: Cauliflower Crust Pizza, Sweet Potato Black Bean and Kale Tacos, Vindaloo Vegetables with Rice, Potatoes and Peas in Red Curry, and Roasted Tofu with Brussels Sprouts.
Awkward Girl Gets Fit: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Refined Sugar-Free Meals
Samantha has beef on her menu this week with Flank Steak Fajitas, Pot Roast, and Tri-tip. She is also planning for Grilled Chicken, Roasted Broccoli and Garlic, Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein, and Zucchini Paleo Alfredo-ish. This week, she’s also starting a Sugar-detox program, so stop by to check it out or follow her progress this month.
Our Frugal Happy Life: Gluten-Free Menu
Emily has ground beef on her menu this week: Cheeseburger Meatloaf, Cheeseburger Rice, and Hamburger Gravy over Mashed Potatoes. She’ll also be cooking Chicken Enchilada Dip, Garlic Parmesan Chicken, and Homemade Chicken Nuggets.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free Menu Plan for the family and Paleo Auto-Immune Rotation Plan for Melissa
You’ll find beef in Melissa’s menu plan for her family (Enchilada Pie, Beef Stew, and Taco Casserole) and for herself (Ribeye Steak and Meatball Soup). Also on her menus this week is Tortilla Soup, Chicken Pesto Soup, Roasted Butternut Squash with Cinnamon, Cod Fish, and Turkey patties.
Thanks to everyone for joining us this week. Join us again next week for more gluten-free menus and a roundup of Cakes.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Next week’s roundup will be back here at CeliacFamily.com. The theme will be Cakes.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.