Bonefish Grill is one of my family’s favorite restaurants. They have a gluten-free menu to make it easier to decide what you can eat. The staff is always helpful and actually seems to be knowledgeable of, or at least aware of, the restrictions of a gluten-free diet. And, it’s family-friendly, too. Would you believe my picky preschoolers actually ask to go to Bonefish for dinner? The kids menu is pretty limited for the gluten-free diet, but my kids are happy with the grilled chicken and steamed vegetables. To keep the kids busy, Bonefish provides crayons and a kids menu with activities that the kids can color.
My husband and I enjoy many more choices on the gluten-free menu. We always start out the meal with the Saucy Shrimp to share. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that they had the recipe for Saucy Shrimp and Scallops on their website! So, I decided to try it. And, even though I had to make a few substitutions, it was fabulous! I highly recommend you try it yourself.
Saucy Shrimp and Scallops
2 oz. Butter
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 ea. green onion [I recommend sliced.]
10 ea. Kalamata olives, 1/2 pieces
1 tbsp. sundried tomatoes, julienne
3 oz. shrimp (small count)
3 oz. bay scallops
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup clam broth
3 tbsp. Feta cheese, crumbles
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
For service: crusty bread, as needed [Use gluten-free, of course!]
- Heat butter in a saute pan. Add garlic and green onions and saute until the aroma fills the air.
- Add Kalamata olives and sundried tomatoes — cook for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and scallops, salt & pepper and saute until firm — do not overcook.
- Add lemon juice, clam juice and feta cheese — bring to a simmer.
- Pour into heated serving dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread.
- I didn’t have scallops, so I made the recipe with just the shrimp I had in the freezer. The appetizer at Bonefish doesn’t have scallops, either.
- I also didn’t have clam broth, so I used clam juice instead.
- You might also want to try using lime juice instead of lemon, quartering the kalamata olives, and adding extra feta at the end with the parsley.
- So here’s where you can find the recipe for Saucy Shrimp and Scallops on their website, but I suggest checking out the other recipes they have online, too. What better way to ensure that your meal is gluten-free, than by making it yourself!