Before I get to this week’s menu… I didn’t want to let the post go up without mentioning Memorial Day. I just needed to take a moment on this special day to recognize the men and women who gave their lives to fight for our freedom. I am grateful.
The theme for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap is Cherries. Whether you found fresh cherries at the market, or have to rely on preserves, dried or frozen cherries, there are a lot of great recipes to try. Here are some recipes that got my attention. I’ve got a few of them on my menu this week. I’m also planning to make some snack bars with dried cherries this week.
- Grilled Tilapia with Cherry Salsa at Martha Stewart (fresh Bing cherries)
- Pork Chops with Cherry Balsamic Sauce at Simply Gluten Free (frozen sweet cherries)
- Pork Tenderloin with a Tart Cherry Sauce at A Not So Simple Life (fresh tart cherries and cherry preserves)
- Smashed Steak Skewers with Cherry Barbecue Sauce at Nom Nom Paleo (frozen cherries)
- Green Beans with Bacon and Tart Cherry Balsamic Glaze at Pinch My Salt (dried cherries)
- Apple Spinach & Dried Cherry Quinoa Salad at The Gluten Free Vegan (dried cherries)
- Cherry Upside-Down Cake at Gluten Free Easily (fresh cherries)
- Chocolate Covered Cherries at A Girl Worth Saving (frozen cherries)
- Easy Gluten-Free Cherry Turnovers at Gluten-Free on a Shoestring (cherry preserves)
- Gluten-Free Cherry Hand Pies at Pillsbury (cherry pie filling)
- Gluten Free Cherry Oat Scones from Cybele Pascal (dried cherries)
- Gluten-Free Dark Chocolate-Cherry Cookies at Health News & Views (dried cherries)
- Paleo Cherry Crisp at I Breathe…I’m Hungry… (fresh cherries)
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Grilled Burgers and Dogs, grilled potato slices, Berry Fruit Salad
Tuesday – leftovers
Wednesday – Eating Out
Thursday – Pork Chops with Cherry Balsamic Sauce, Rice, Roasted Asparagus
Friday – Roasted Chicken Thighs, Corn on the Cob, Green Beans with Bacon and Tart Cherry Balsamic Glaze
Saturday – Indian Chicken, Basmati Rice, Sautéed Spinach with Bacon and Garlic
Sunday – Smashed Steak Skewers with Cherry Barbecue Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori’s menu this week focuses on American classics, and the Cherry Cobbler she has planned fits in nicely with that theme. Other meals on her menu this week include Pork Chops with Mushrooms, Turkey Burgers, Homemade Hamburger Helper, Chef Salad, Baked Fried Chicken, and Almond Crusted Catfish. Sounds like a tasty week at her house!
Check back later to see who else will be sharing their gluten-free menus with us this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- Join us again next week at CeliacFamily.com for sharing gluten-free meal ideas and menus.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.