It’s Chocolate Week at the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. My birthday is later this month, and for some reason when I think of my birthday, I think of chocolate. 🙂 When I looked back at the last time we had chocolate as the theme for the menu swap, I saw that I had chosen it for my birthday then, too. I guess I have always thought of chocolate as the ultimate choice for treats, desserts, and celebrations.
Whether it’s brownies, cake, flourless chocolate torte, chocolate fondue, etc., I am of the opinion that the richer it is, the better. And, recent health studies agree. One article and video at Medical News Today explains that chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa is good for you to eat. FitDay lists 6 health benefits of eating dark chocolate: Lower Blood Pressure, Helps Control Blood Sugar, Helps Prevent Cancer and Signs of Aging, A Cough Suppressant (really?), High in Vitamins and Minerals, and makes you Feel Happy. 🙂 Wow, that’s a lot of good excuses to eat chocolate, right?
Chocolate Recipes at Celiac Family:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Muffins
- Chocolate Crème Brulée
- Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Candy
- Chocolate Martinis
More Chocolate Recipes to Try:
- Chocolate Banana Pie (the most frequently re-pinned recipe on my Pinterest Boards) at Simply Gluten-Free
- Chocolate Chicken with Rose Petals from Mario Batali
- Chocolate Spiced Pork Chops from Paula Deen
- Dark Chocolate Banana Lava Cakes at Health Food Lover
- Paleo Chicken Mole in a Slow-Cooker at Stupid Easy Paleo
- Paleo Chocolate Silk Pie at Paleo Fondue
- Pork Medallions with Chocolate Orange Sauce at Food.com
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Rosemary Chocolate and Wine Sauce from the Food Network
Check below our menu plan for more gluten-free menus and ideas for including chocolate in your meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Parmesan Chicken Nuggets, Waffle Fries, Strawberry Spinach Salad
Tuesday – Hamburgers, Red Potato and Green Bean Salad
Wednesday – Paleo Chicken Mole
Thursday – Bacon-wrapped Chicken, Wild Rice Salad with Parmesan Dressing
Friday – Grilled Steaks, Oven-roasted Potatoes and Broccoli
Saturday – Chocolate Spiced Pork Chops, Rice Pilaf, Green Beans
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori says she has family birthdays this month, too. But, she’s not making desserts, yet. This week she has two meals with chocolate: Cincinnati Chili and Chicken with Mole Sauce. This week, her family will also be enjoying Chicken Marsala, Lentil Soup, Baked Salmon, and Tacos.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free, and Paleo AIP Candida
Melissa says she can’t tolerate chocolate, so instead enjoys carob as a replacement. Another busy week for Melissa means a simple, but tasty, menu this week: Taco Salad, Pork Roast, Pumpkin Chili, Sloppy Joes, and Pasta with Ground Turkey.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth is a chocolate lover, like me! I like how she says that her “favorite chocolate is the kind with little sugar so you can really taste the chocolate.” This week, she’ll be making Lighter Chocolate Muffins, Triple Chocolate Milkshake, Bittersweet Chocolate Syrup, Chocolate Chip Larabars, Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Bread, and Paleo Chocolate Breakfast Cookies. Mmmm mmmm, that’s a lot of yummy chocolate! Her dinners this week include Pancakes, Hot Dogs and Beans, Tomato Cucumber Sandwiches, Chef Salad, Crockpot Sweet Potato Basil Soup, Pizza, and Fish.
Check back later to see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week at CeliacFamily.com for sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for using Almond in your meals.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.