Cinco de Mayo is this weekend, so I’m thinking about Mexican fiestas with an abundance of yummy food and drinks. Some of my favorite food items for such event might include:
- Avocado Salsa
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- White Chicken Chili
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde
- Mexican Chicken Pizza
- Shredded Mexican Chicken for build-your-own taco/rice bowl/nachos/salad bar
- Cilantro Rice
- Corn and Black Bean Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Salad
What are some of your favorite Mexican-inspired meals? Don’t forget to check out the Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup below for more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and perhaps meal ideas for celebrating Cinco de Mayo.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Eating Out at Chipotle’s
Tuesday – Steak Fajitas, Avocado Salsa
Wednesday – Irresistible Grilled Shrimp with Fruit Salsa
Friday – Pizza, Strawberry Spinach Salad
Saturday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Angela is always a great resource for gluten-free and dairy-free recipes, and she did not disappoint us this week! Just look at all of the recipes she has for celebrating Cinco de Mayo: Empanadas, Easy Taco Bake, Enchilada Meatballs, Crock Pot Fajitas, Mexi-burgers, Salsa Burgers, Slow Cooker Salsa Roast Beef, Tacos, Taco Chili, Tortilla and Black Bean Pie, Black Bean Salsa Chicken, Green Chili Taco Salad Filling, Ground Turkey and Veggie Tortilla Casserole, and Fish Tacos! For dinners this week, her family will be eating Mexican Cornbread Casserole, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Slow-Cooker French Toast Casserole, Asian-style Ribs, and Ground Turkey Tacos.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth is trying a new recipe this week for Spicy Smoked Portobello Taco filling that sounds really good. However, it sounds like the rest of her family will be eating their tacos with ground beef. Other dinners at her house will be Hippie Loaf, Chef Salad, Grilled Vegetable Wraps, BBQ Chop Wrap, and Pizza.
Extraordinary Life: Gluten-Free, Paleo Menu
Lisa’s family is having Lettuce Wrap Tacos with her own special seasoning mix. Also on the menu this week is Baked Chicken, Fried Ham Steak, London Broil, Baked Garlic Shrimp, and Meatloaf. To make the meatloaf appropriate for a paleo diet, she omits the sugar and uses almond meal instead of oats.
Check back later to see who else may be linking up gluten-free menus this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week at Celiac Family for more gluten-free meal ideas. Next week’s theme is orange.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.