It’s Coconut Week at the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. The roundup of menus is posted at GlutenFreeWeek, where Lori shares some recipes and lots of good information about coconut.
I’m not a big fan of coconut, so I don’t buy fresh coconut. I do, however, buy and use a variety of coconut products. I use Coconut Flour in baked goods, Coconut Oil for cooking and for making chocolate coating, Coconut Milk for making whipped cream, and Coconut Nectar and Coconut Crystals to replace sugar/honey. I even purchase, on occasion, So Delicious coconut milk yogurt and ice cream for a dairy-free treat.
A few of my favorite recipes with coconut:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Mini Muffins (with Coconut Nectar)
- Chocolate Crème Brulée (made dairy-free with Coconut Milk)
- Cinnamon Bun Muffins (with a little Coconut Flour) at Elana’s Pantry
- Cinnamon Rolls (with Coconut Crystals)
- Coconut Whipped Crème (with Coconut Milk) at Go Dairy Free
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Pizza and Apple Crumb Pie, as requested by the birthday girl
Tuesday – Flank Steak, Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus
Wednesday – Teriyaki Chicken Tenders, Jasmine Rice, steamed Broccoli
Friday – Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Rice Noodles and Spinach
Saturday – Spaghetti and Meatballs, Tossed Green Salad
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, visit GlutenFreeWeek.
- Join us again next week at CeliacFamily.com for sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for using Chocolate in your meals.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.