We are definitely into the holiday season, now! The stores are clearing out the Halloween goodies and filling up with Christmas merchandise. I even saw fresh cranberries at the grocery store last week, so I bought a bag.
I don’t use a lot of cranberries. Well…dried cranberries get tossed into salads throughout the year, and cranberry juice is served every week at out house, but fresh cranberries don’t often make it into our evening meals. Do you cook with fresh cranberries, use dried cranberries, or both? I found some great recipes for both.
Fresh Cranberry Recipes:
- Christmas Roast with Gluten-Free Apple Cranberry Stuffing from Living Without
- Cranberry Apple Mini Pies from The Nourishing Gourmet
- CrockPot Cranberry Coffee Cake from Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Gluten Free Orange Cranberry Bread from Carol at Simply Gluten-Free
- Kale with Cranberries from Elana’s Pantry
- Lemony Cranberry Muffins (gluten-free/dairy-free) from Jules Gluten Free
Dried Cranberry Recipes:
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Chicken from TCrumbley’s No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Gluten-Free Cranberry Nut Cinnamon Chex® Mix from Betty Crocker
- Gluten-Free Pound Cake with Cranberries from Martha Stewart
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Stuffed with Wild Rice and Cranberries from The Perfect Pantry
And, since it is the season…does anyone have a favorite Cranberry Dressing recipe?
The Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup will be included below. Don’t forget to check it for more gluten-free menus and ideas for using cranberries in your meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, Kale with Cranberries, Oven-Roasted Potatoes
Tuesday – Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Sautéed Spinach
Wednesday – White Chicken Chili, Avocado
Thursday – Hamburger Stroganoff, gluten-free noodles, green beans
Friday – Bacon-wrapped Chicken Tenders, Broccoli, Rice
Saturday – Grilled Pork Chops, Baked Apples with Cranberries
Sunday – Red Beans and Rice
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Awkward Girl Gets Fit: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Menu
Samantha is back with us this week with a wonderful menu. She’s working on a recipe for a Cranberry Cinnamon Granola that sounds good. We’ll have to watch her site for the recipe. For dinners this week, she’ll be preparing Shredded Beef Taco Roast, Chicken and Vegetable Lo-Mein, Slow Cooker Chicken, Grilled Steaks, Sausage Bake, and Chocolate Chili.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Melissa’s family is enjoying a bounty of squash this week. You’ll see Sausage and Vegetable Stuffed Delicata Squash, Stuffed Acorn Squash, and Acorn Squash and Apple Soup on her menu this week. She’s also planning for Taco Salad, Tuscan Vegetable Soup, Chicken Apple Sausage Kale and Rice Soup, and Sweet Potato and Kale Soup.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth is making Chocolate Cranberry Smoothies this week. She and her husband have created a flexible menu plan for the week including Baked Fish with potatoes and squash, Baked Beans, Grilled Fish (for Elisabeth and pork chops for others), and maybe Beans and Rice from the freezer.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
Kimberlee has a full menu this week with lots of recipe links. For dinners, her family will be eating Mexican Stuffed Peppers, BBQ Chicken Nachos, Italian Pasta with Chicken, Turkey Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese, Spicy Black Beans, Easy Potato Soup, and BBQ Pepper Jack Bacon Burgers.
Gluten Free Detroit Metro: Gluten-Free Menu
This week, Amanda shares her recipe for trail mix with dried cranberries. On her dinner menu, there will be cranberries in her Chicken Salad Sandwiches and Cranberry & Orange Pancakes. Also on her dinner menu this week is Baked Chicken, Chicken Tacos with Corn & Bean Salad, Pork Loin, and Roasted Chicken.
Thanks for joining us this week. Join us again next week at Mom’s Plans for more gluten-free menus and ideas for freezer meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week for sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for Freezer Meals.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.