Wow, we are expecting some really hot days this week! And, after a long hot day at the rodeo this past weekend, I’m thinking that we need to keep hydrated with lots of salads and cool, refreshing produce this week. To serve with the fresh fruits and vegetables, I’ll be grilling up meat.
That will work great for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap theme of “Food on the Fire.” Visit Angela’s Kitchen for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup this week.
And since we’re talking about grilling… I often grill indoors using my Lodge Cast Iron Grill on the stove top — not ideal for keeping the heat out of the kitchen on hot summer days. My husband does most of the outdoor grilling. Lately, I’ve been thinking that it’s finally time to retire our beat-up charcoal grill and replace it for Father’s Day. Has anyone tried an Infrared Gas Grill? It seems like an interesting alternative. Any other suggestions or recommendations?
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday — Grilled Chicken Breasts, Strawberry Spinach Salad with Honey Poppyseed Dressing
Wednesday — Flank Steak strips served over Spinach Salad, Corn on the Cob
Sunday — leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, visit Angela’s Kitchen.
- Next week’s roundup will be back at Celiac Family. The theme will be Cucumbers.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.