The Gluten-Free Menu Swap theme this week is Freezer Meals. Visit Melissa at Mom’s Plans for the roundup of gluten-free menus.
I don’t freeze as many meals as I could. That’s mostly because I often use leftovers for lunches instead of freezing them. With the holidays approaching, I realize that it sure would make those busy holiday evenings easier. How great is it to just pull a casserole out of the freezer, defrost and bake?! I think I need to start cooking double batches of meals and freeze them for some of the busy nights ahead.
This week, I’m using shredded Mexican Chicken from the freezer to make Chicken Tacos and Chicken Rice Bowls. I’m planning to make a large batch of Baked Chicken Nuggets, and freezing half of it. I may make a large batch of Chili to freeze, too. Other recipes that I find are good for freezing are BBQ Pulled Pork and Chicken Enchiladas. I often freeze items for breakfast, like pancakes, waffles, and muffins. It makes the mornings go a little more smoothly before getting the kids off to school.
I’m anxious to see what everyone else is freezing. I know Melissa and Angela freeze meals on a regular basis. And, Amy from Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free did a round-up of freezer meals earlier this year. Anybody else make it part of your weekly menu plans? What do you love to pull out of the freezer…besides ice cream?
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Chicken Tacos with Guacamole, Lettuce, Sliced Olives, etc.
Tuesday – Beef Stew, gluten-free French bread
Thursday – Parmesan Tilapia with Spaghetti Squash and steamed Broccoli
Friday – Baked Chicken Nuggets, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans sautéed with bacon and garlic
Saturday – Pork Tenderloin with Oven-roasted Potatoes, Spinach Salad
Sunday – Traditional Chili and Cornbread
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, visit Mom’s Plans.
- Next week’s roundup will be at Angela’s Kitchen, and the theme will be Thanksgiving Menus. Share with us your favorite Thanksgiving meals, and we’ll share ours.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.