This month, the Gluten-Free Menu Swap continues with more recipe and meal ideas for Heart-Healthy Menus.
I think it’s worth repeating:
According to the American Heart Association, a heart-healthy diet emphasizes plant foods by recommending you eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and legumes. For additional protein, it also recommends that you eat skinless chicken, oily fish twice a week, and lean cuts of red meat. A heart-healthy diet also means limiting your intake of saturated fats, trans fats, sodium, red meat, sweets, and sugar-sweetened drinks.
This week’s Heart-Healthy Gluten-Free Foods to try:
- Dijon Almond Crusted Tilapia at The Paleo Panda
- Grilled Trout with Dill and Lemon at Simply Recipes
- Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes at Minimalist Baker
- Red Beans and Rice at Celiac Family
- Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Spinach, Garlic, and Pine Nuts at The New Potato
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Cod, Wild Rice Salad
Wednesday – Red Beans and Rice, Green Beans
Thursday – leftovers
Saturday – Chicken Fajitas, Avocado Salsa
Sunday – Chicken Teriyaki Rice Bowl
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?