This month at the Gluten-Free Menu Swap, we are sharing meals, menus, and recipe links for healthier eating and living. So far this month, we’ve shared ideas for sugar-free snacks, detoxing smoothies, and sugar-free sweeteners.
This week, I’m upgrading to a Paleo diet. I’ll let the rest of family eat what they want for breakfast and lunch, but our dinners will be Paleo. I received a couple books in the mail last week that are inspiring my meal choices this week: DASH Diet Detox and Sheet Pan Paleo.
Just so there is no confusion, DASH Diet Detox is not a gluten-free cookbook. A lot of the recipes in it are gluten-free, but it is not intended to be a gluten-free cookbook. The front of the book says “14-Day Quick Start Plan to lower blood pressure and lose weight the healthy way.” I plan to use the book, and its recipes, to help me continue detoxing this week, by adding recommended herbs and spices to our meals. Cardamom, Cayenne, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Cumin, Garlic, Ginger, Horseradish, Peppermint, Rosemary, Saffron, and Turmeric are all promoted in the book as being beneficial for detoxing. So, I’ll be attempting to add plenty of those to our meals this week.
I also received Sheet Pan Paleo in the mail last week. “200 One-Tray Recipes for quick prepping, easy roasting and hassle-free clean up.” Sounds good to me! The book provides an introduction to the Paleo diet and explains the basics, but the bulk of the book is recipes. And, don’t think it’s just dinners. It includes recipes for appetizers, desserts, and sauces. Recipes for entrees include sections for Vegetarian, Fish & Seafood, Poultry, Pork, Beef Bison & Veal, Lamb & Goat, and Game & Offal. Lots of choices for paleo meals, and all made on a half sheet pan in the oven. I love simple options for busy nights!
My meal plan this week starts with some meals I can make with what we have in the frig and freezer. We’ve been snowed in by Winter Storm Jonas with almost 3 feet of snow. Our fresh meat and produce will probably run out mid-week, so I’m hoping to go grocery shopping by Wednesday.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Chicken and Apple Sausage, Mashed Cauliflower
Tuesday – Shredded Mexican Chicken Bowls with Spaghetti Squash, Guacamole
Wednesday – Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin (from Dash Diet Detox), Pesto Roasted Zucchini (from Sheet Pan Paleo)
Thursday – leftovers
Friday – Cherry-Apple Roasted Turkey Breast, Steamed Broccoli (from Dash Diet Detox)
Saturday – Crown Roast of Lamb with Parsnip Puree (from Sheet Pan Paleo)
Sunday – Roasted Chicken with Bacon-Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Caramelized Onions (from Sheet Pan Paleo)
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for gluten-free nuts and snacks for holiday gifts or entertaining.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for healthy gluten-free meals.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there. This week, she talks about how eating a Paleo diet has changed her life for the better. Check out what she and others are doing to live a healthier and happier life on her post this week.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.