The cool fall weather blew in this weekend at my house, and all I can think of is warm, comfort foods. Fortunately, with Apples as the theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week, that fits right into my menu plan.
This week I’ll be eating raw apples for snacks and salads this week, but I’m also cooking it up — Sautéed Spinach with Apples and Onions, Chicken and Apple Sausage, Pork and Apple Curry, and Honey Apple Cider Glazed Salmon. Yum!
I also found lots of Breakfast and Dessert recipes I need to start trying (double Yum!):
- Apple Cider Soda and Paleo Apple Tart at Elana’s Pantry
- Apple Fritters and Apple Cider Doughnuts at Gluten-Free on a Shoestring
- Applescotch Dessert at The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Baked Apples at Ginger Lemon Girl
- Grain-Free Apple Spice Coffee Cake at Against All Grain
- Gluten-Free Apple Pancakes at The Peaceful Mom
- Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Apple Streusel Muffins at Angela’s Kitchen
- Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Apple Hand Pies at Angela’s Kitchen
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free Applesauce Muffins at Gluten Free Easily
- Harvest Apple Crisp II at Gluten Free Goodness
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and ideas for including apples in your meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Pork Chops with Sautéed Spinach with Apples and Onions from Vegalicious
Tuesday – Chicken Apple Sausage with Red Potato and Green Bean Salad
Wednesday – Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Broccoli
Thursday – Angela’s Pork and Apple Curry with Jasmine Rice
Friday – Honey Apple Cider Glazed Salmon, Rice, Spinach
Saturday – Pizza, Rainbow Apple Salad
Sunday – Beef Stew, GF dinner rolls
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Always Blog: Gluten-Free
Melissa is still thinking about Sweet Potatoes this week, and said she used them to make soup and Sweet Potato Pie. [again, Yum!] On her menu this week, is Amish Ground Beef and Noodle Casserole, Honey Rosemary Chicken, Sweet n Sour Chicken, Baked Tacos, Chilaquiles, and Southwest White Chili.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Corn-Free
Melissa spent some time over the weekend stocking her freezer, so she has half of her meals already prepped this week. Her family will be enjoying Cabbage and Beef Soup, Beef Stew, Paleo Beef and Veggie Soup, Chicken Pot Pie, and Italian Wedding Soup. Stop by MomsPlans.com for all the recipe links.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
This week, Elisabeth is planning to make Apple Dumplings and Apple Cider Donuts. She’s also working on a recipe with Apples and Sweet Potatoes. Can’t wait to see it. Her dinners this week will be Omelets with Veggies, Lentil Potato Soup, Chicken Nuggets and Butternut Squash Nuggets, Cauliflower Alfredo, Sweet Potato/Bean Enchiladas, and Pizza. Find all the recipe links at her menu post this week.
Check back later to see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for yummy Apples this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for gluten-free meals with Fennel.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?