Next on our list of Eating a Rainbow this month is Blueberries, and that’s the theme for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap.
There aren’t a lot of blue foods to use for eating a rainbow, so it’s a good thing we have blueberries! Blueberries have been praised for years for being a superfood. That’s because of its amazing anti-oxidant qualities. Although putting them into baked goods (umm… muffins!) is very tasty and common, you’ll get the most nutritional benefits from them if eaten raw. You can also use frozen blueberries without losing the many nutritional benefits.
Nutritional benefits, you ask? These little blue gems contain high levels of Vitamins K and C, Manganese, and Copper. They also have a variety of anti-oxidants that support the body’s good health. Eating blueberries can help support your cardiovascular system, balance your blood sugar, fight cancers, support good eye health, and even prevent memory loss. Fortunately, finding yummy Gluten-Free Blueberry Recipes isn’t difficult, especially if they’re for Breakfast and Desserts.
- Blueberry Crisp at Simply Gluten-Free
- Blueberry Pie with Honey Whipped Cream at Gluten Free Easily
- Blueberry Upside Down Cake at Gluten-Free Canteen
- Lemon-Kissed Blueberry Ice Cream at Ricki Heller
- Raw Blueberry Cheesecake at Go Dairy Free
- Blueberry Banana Bread at Julia’s Album
- Blueberry Lemon Scones at Nourishing Meals
- Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Donuts at Pickles & Honey
- Blueberry Arugula Salad with Brown Rice at Prevention RD
- Power Greens Salad with Blueberries and Almonds at Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Simple Greens and Berries Salad at A Passion for Healthy Living
- Blueberry Maple BBQ Chicken at PaleOMG
- Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Sauce at Paleo Plan
- Seared Salmon with Blueberries at St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea
Snacks and Other
- Blueberry Oat Bars at Little Leopard Book
- Blueberry Recipes for Muffins, Popsicles, Pies, and more at Gluten-Free on a Shoestring
- Fresh Pressed Pineapple Blueberry Punch at Gluten Free Gigi
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and recipes with Blueberries from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Beef Stew with red potatoes and carrots
Tuesday – Grilled Chicken Breasts, Tropical Fruit Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
Thursday – Sloppy Joes, Sweet Potato Fries, Roasted Broccoli
Friday – Seared Salmon with Blueberries, Roasted Asparagus, Rice
Sunday – Leftover Buffet!
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Menu
I love Angela’s Chicken Blueberry Mango Salad, and she has a lot more great blueberry recipes to share this week, too: Coffee Cake in a Jar, Papaya & Coconut Chicken Salad, Lemon Berry Donut Holes, and Purple Power Smoothie. Her family also likes to add them to coconut yogurt, Baked Apple Oatmeal, pancakes and Berry Lemon Muffins. Oh the yummy ways to eat blueberries!! For dinners this week, Angela will be making Omelettes, Peanut and Cilantro Chicken, Fish Tacos, and Gingered Beef and Broccoli Salad Bowl.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Blueberries in meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus and recipes with Blueberries.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?