Cajun food is very flavorful and often spicy. You will find Cajun food in the southern parts of Louisiana, where it originated. It is common for Cajun meals to include seafood from the region (shrimp, crawfish, catfish), Spicy Sausage, Rice, local veggies (green pepper, onion, celery, okra, tomatoes), and Spice (cayenne, black pepper).
Check out these Gluten-Free Recipes with Cajun flavors and Louisiana tastes to try this week:
- Cajun Baked Sweet Potato Fries (GF, DF, Paleo, Vegan) at Minimalist Baker
- Cajun Dirty Rice with Shrimp (GF, DF) at Vikalinka
- Cajun Sautéed Greens and Gluten-Free Cornbread (GF, DF) at The Fitchen
- Cajun Shrimp Quinoa Casserole (GF) at This Gal Cooks
- Cajun Stuffed Bell Peppers (GF, DF) at Strength & Sunshine
- Cajun Stuffed Spaghetti Squash (GF) at Healthy Delicious
- Creamy Pasta New Orleans with Grilled Cajun Shrimp (GF) at The Black Peppercorn
- Easy Cajun Chicken (GF, DF) at I Breathe…I’m Hungry
- Easy Cajun Shrimp Pasta (GF) at EZ Gluten Free
- Cajun Jambalaya (GF, DF) at Gluten Free Traveller
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (GF, DF) at Paper Daisy Kitchen
- Gumbo with shrimp and sausage (GF, DF) at CeliacFamily
- Red Beans and Rice (GF, DF) at CeliacFamily
- Beignets (GF, DF) at CeliacFamily
- King Cake (GF) at CeliacFamily
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, recipes, and ideas for Cajun meals from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – leftovers
Wednesday – Hamburgers, Cajun Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Thursday – Gumbo with shrimp and sausage, garlic toast
Friday – Pizza, Rainbow Apple Salad
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
No Cajun meals on her menu this week. Instead, Melissa’s family is doing a pantry challenge, and has come up with some great meals for the week, including some good ones using a slow-cooker. Slow-Cooker Stuffed Peppers, CrockPot Lasagna Soup, Spaghetti with ground turkey, Zucchini Carrot Chicken Soup, and Slow-Cooker Tortilla Chicken Soup. For more meal ideas check out the full menu plan at Mom’s Plans this week.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth isn’t cooking Cajun this week either. Her family will be eating Roast with carrots and celery in the crock pot, Chicken, Beans and hotdogs, Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta, Pizza, and Fish. She could add some cajun spices to any of those to “kick it up a notch,” as Emeril would say.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Watermelon in meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus, recipes, and ideas for Hawaiian food.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.