This month we’re starting a new theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap: Cakes! It’s the season of celebrations, isn’t it? Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduations, Birthdays, etc.
This week, I found a lot of recipes for gluten-free cakes with fruit and vegetables baked in. It’s a great way to increase the nutritional value of your cake, but also keep your cake moist. I think any of these would be great for a Mother’s Day celebration.
Gluten-Free Cakes Recipe Links:
Cakes with Fruit:
Banana Coffee Cake (GF, DF) @ Celiac Family
Fruit & Nut Cake Bars (GF, DF, Vegan option) @ Whole New Mom
Lemon Blueberry Coffecake (GF) @ Joy the Baker
Plum Cake (GF, DF, Paleo) @ A Healthy Life for Me
Rosemary Nectarine Upside Down Cake (GF) @ The Bojon Gourmet
Wacky Mandarin Orange Cake (GF, DF) @ Connect Gluten Free
World’s Best Fruitcake Ever (GF) @ My Big Fat Grain-Free Life
Cakes with Veggies:
Carrot and Zucchini Olive Oil Cake (GF) @ Healthy Nibbles and Bits
Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting (GF) @ Celiac Family
Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Ganache (GF) @ Gluten Free on a Shoestring
Fudgy Chocolate Beet Cake with Chocolate Avocado Frosting (GF, DF, Vegan) @ Coffee & Quinoa
Savory Vegetable Loaf Cake (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Gourmande in the Kitchen
Ultimate Carrot Cake (GF) @ Connect Gluten Free
Zucchini Almond Cake (GF) @ Martha Stewart
Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (GF, DF) @ Minimalist Baker
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday –Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli
Tuesday – Grilled Chicken, Wild Rice Salad
Wednesday – leftovers
Thursday – Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs, Spinach Salad
Friday – Chicken Vindaloo, Green Beans
Saturday – Grilled Flank Steak, Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus
Sunday – Fish and Chips with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth is making Cinnamon Chocolate Banana Swirl bread this week for breakfast. Yum!! I need to give that a try. For lunch and dinners this week she’ll be making Mushroom Leek Risotto, Meatloaf, Vegan Sloppy Joes, Mac & Cheese, Daiya Pizza, Cauliflower Chili Pasta, grilled chicken and sausage, Chili, Clam Chowder, Tomato Soup, and Honey Mustard Salmon. Check out all the recipe links on her menu post this week.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for gluten-free winter squash and other winter produce.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.