After a month of trying different GF diets, I can tell you that Cauliflower was allowed on all of them. (The FODMAPs diet recommends eating only small amounts.) Like many vegetables, it’s very low in calories, but is packed with nutrients! It’s loaded with anti-oxidants, vitamins (C, B-complex, and K), and minerals (calcium, manganese, copper, iron, and potassium). It’s been included in diets to help fight cancers, reduce inflammation in the body, and remove toxins from the body.
I found some great recipes with Cauliflower to try:
- Buffalo Cauliflower at Maria Mind Body Health
- Detox Salad (Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots, Sunflower Seeds, Currants, etc.) at Oh She Glows
- No-Potato Cauliflower Salad (Cauliflower, Celery, eggs, dressing, etc.) at Elana’s Pantry
- Roasted Garlic Onion and Cauliflower Soup at Go Dairy Free
- Shrimp Cauliflower Salad with Lemon and Dill at I Breathe I’m Hungry
- Spicy Cauliflower Salad (Roasted Cauliflower, Onion, & Garbanzo Beans with a Soy/Sunbutter Dressing) at Simply Gluten-Free
- Ginger Garlic Cauliflower Rice at The Paleo Mom
- Whole Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower with Mint Chutney at My New Roots
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and recipes with Cauliflower.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower with Bacon and Garlic
Tuesday – Southwestern Chicken Salad
Wednesday – Chili and Cornbread
Saturday – Eating Out
Sunday – Baked Chicken Wings, Anti-Pasta Cauliflower Salad
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Always Blog: Gluten-Free
Melissa has a very tempting Curried Cauliflower Soup on her menu this week. She’s also planning for Honey Lime Chicken Tacos, Tater Tot Casserole, Mac & Cheese, Pot Roast, Rice Bake Casserole, and Beefy Noodles.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Melissa has lots of great ideas in her menu plan this week. For starters, she’s working with a tight budget, so it’s full of meals good for stretching your dollars. Second, she’s listing her family’s breakfast and lunch plans, too. Lastly, Melissa has a plan for loading her freezer with meals to use later in the month. Dinners for this week will be Roasted Chicken, Polish Sausage, Chicken Vegetable Rice Soup, and Cabbage Rice Casserole. Check out her full menu for more details and recipe links.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth says she is amazed at what you can make with cauliflower, like this Cauli-Power Fettuccine Alfredo at Oh She Glows, which is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. She also enjoys cauliflower roasted, and added to mashed potatoes, but not this week. This week, she’ll be having Black Bean Sweet Potato Burgers, Pinto Beans and Salsa Soup, Curried Roasted Veggies with grits, White Bean Pita Pockets, Orange Beef and Broccoli, Italian Bowl, Chipotle Bean and Spinach Tostadas, Veggie Soup, and Pizza. For more details and ideas for breakfast and lunch, visit her full menu post.
Check back later to see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Cauliflower in your meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus and recipes with Clementines.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?