I think most people are familiar with Chives. If you aren’t, you’ll want to know that this herb is a member of the onion family, and has an aroma and flavor similar to onion. It is easy to grow, and it’s grass-like size and shape make it easy to chop up quickly to add to dishes.
We like to add chives to baked potatoes and other vegetable dishes. You’ll often find them in recipes for eggs and cheesy, creamy dips. I found some of those, as well as some other Gluten-Free Recipes with Chives:
- Cheesy Leek and Chive Baked Eggs at Simply Gluten-Free
- Chicken Fingers with Garlic Chive Dip at The Sweet Escape
- Chinese Dumplings with Pork & Chives at Don’t Mess with Mama
- Chive Pancakes at 101 Cookbooks
- Cream of Mushroom Soup with Chives at Wheat Belly Blog
- Garlic Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes from The Blender Girl
- Grape and Chive Pasta Salad at Eating Rules
- Pan-Seared Chicken with Peach & Chive Pan Gravy at Wegmans
- Salmon Chive and Lemon Fish Cakes at Genius Gluten-Free
- Thai Curry Pumpkin Soup and Chive Biscuits at Tasty Eats at Home
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and recipes with Fresh Chives from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Chicken Apple Sausage, Rainbow Apple Veggie Salad
Tuesday – Baked Teriyaki Chicken Tenders, Rice, Green Beans
Wednesday – Hamburgers, Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Chives, Roasted Broccoli
Thursday – Eating Out
Friday – Salmon Chive and Lemon Fish Cakes, French Fries, Peas
Sunday – Indian Chicken with Quinoa, Sauteed Spinach
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth says chives are one of the herbs in her garden that she didn’t manage to kill. She likes to add chives to her eggs. For dinners this week, she’s planning Spaghetti and Meatballs, Southwestern Veggie Wraps, Copycat Chipotle Beans and Rice, Pancakes, Pizza, and a trip to Chick-fil-a.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Fresh Chives in meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus and recipes with Basil.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?