Just this week, I heard someone say, “everything tastes better gluten-free.” REALLY??? This was a comment from a young teen who doesn’t follow a gluten-free diet. I’ve been hearing those comments for years from young people who say they prefer certain gluten-free products over the usual gluten ones: pretzels, brownies, cookies…. And gluten-free Chocolate Cake may be the most commonly enjoyed. Without the gluten, you’re often left with a very moist, very chocolate, treat. And, if you aren’t used to eating some alternative flours, the chocolate will mask or hide any unfamiliar taste. Here are some very tempting recipes to try.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cakes Recipe Links:
- Chocolate Cake (made with quinoa) & Whipped Chocolate Frosting (GF) @ Mel’s Kitchen
- Flourless Double Chocolate Cake (GF, DF, Paleo option) @ Veggie Balance
- Gluten- Egg- and Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake (GF, DF, Vegan) @ MOMables
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake (GF) @ Jamie Oliver
- Gluten-Free Fudge Cake (GF) @ A Girl Defloured
- Grain-Free Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream (GF, Grain-Free) @ Deliciously Organic
- Healthier Flourless Chocolate Cake (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Detoxinista
- Lighter than Air Chocolate Cake (GF) @ Gluten-Free Mommy
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake (GF) @ Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- One Bowl Chocolate Hazelnut Cake (GF, DF, Vegan) @ Minimalist Baker
- Peanut Butter Flourless Chocolate Cake (GF) @ Gimme Some Oven
- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting (GF, DF, Vegan) @ Loving It Vegan
If you like to use cake mixes, these are my favorites:
- Namaste Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake (free of top 8 allergens, makes two-layer cake)
- King Arthur Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix (makes two-layer cake)
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix (one layer cake)
Other Cake recipes found this month:
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes with Fruit and/or Vegetables
- Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Flourless Cake Recipes
- Gluten-Free Birthday Cakes and Cupcakes Recipes
- Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Cakes Recipes
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Kale Salad
Wednesday – leftover chicken with Greek Pasta Salad
Thursday – Beef (marinated flank steak) & Broccoli Stir-Fry, Rice
Friday – Pizza, Strawberry Spinach Salad
Saturday – Fish Tacos with Pineapple Mango Salsa
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for gluten-free winter squash and other winter produce.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at Orgnkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.