It’s less than two weeks until Christmas! I’m wondering what everyone’s favorite things are to cook, bake, and eat during the holidays. Since it is the theme for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap, please share with us your favorite meals and recipes this season!
Our Gluten-Free Christmas Favorites:
- Turkey — gluten-free brands to buy, Alton Brown’s Recipe for Brining and Roasting
- Prime Rib
- Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Broccoli and Mushroom Casserole
- Cookies, Cakes, and Treats
- Peach or Apple Crumb Pie
- Gingerbread Houses
- Cinnamon Ornaments
More Gluten-Free Holiday Recipe Roundups:
- 75+ Whole Foods, Healthy Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes at Ricki Heller
- Gluten-Free For the Holidays Recipe Roundup at This West Coast Mommy
- Gluten-Free Holiday Meals to Please a Crowd at G-Free Foodie
- Gluten-Free Holiday Recipes at The Gluten-Free Gourmand
- Jewish Holiday Recipes at Elana’s Pantry
What are your favorite things for the holidays? The Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup below will have more gluten-free menus and recipe links for Christmas/Holiday Favorites.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Eating Out
Tuesday – Pork Chops with Black Beans and Salsa, Rice, Oven-Roasted Broccoli
Wednesday – Bacon-wrapped Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Thursday – Party Dogs and Chili, leftover rice
Saturday – leftovers
Sunday – Grilled Steaks, Sweet Potato Casserole, Sautéed Spinach
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Melissa says she’s spending too much time cooking these days, so she’s pulling out the slow-cooker to make better use of her time this week. For this week’s menu, she’ll be making Roast Beef with Vegetables, Bratwurst Stew, Sloppy Joes with Nacho Chips, and Paleo Chili with Veggies. She also has Halibut and Stuffed Acorn Squash on her menu, as well as plans for filling the freezer with make-ahead meals.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
Kimberlee’s menu this week is filled with yummy meals to warm you up this season. Beef and Veggie Soup, Taco Bowls, BBQ Chicken, Cheeseburger Pasta, Easy Potato Soup, Mexican Burgers, and one night of breakfast for dinner. She also has meal plans for breakfast and lunch. The Baked Oatmeal and Crunchy Chicken Salad got my attention.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth is keeping the meals simple for Christmas this year, so there’s plenty of time to enjoy the day. She’s planning quick and simple Cinnamon Buns for breakfast and her favorite Grilled Shrimp (which my family enjoyed, too) for dinner. This week, she’ll be making Pumpkin Molasses Cookie Dough Balls, and Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Puppy Treats. The remainder of her meals this week will include Pancakes, Grilled Cheese, Sloppy Joe’s (Sloppy Lentil Joe’s), Veggie Soup, Pizza, Spiced Salmon, and Smoothies with Popcorn.
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Angela’s Christmas Favorites begin with a variety of cookies. Check out her recipes for Allergen-Free Brownie Bites, Jam-Filled Thumbprints, Russian Tea Cakes, Spritz Cookies, and more. Other holiday favorites at their house include Potato Pudding, Lefse, Swedish “Rye” Bread, Maple-Brown Sugar Bacon-Wrapped Smokies, Fresh Spinach Salad, Chicken (or Turkey) Wild Rice Soup, Dairy-Free Eggnog, and Slow-Cooker, Dairy Free Hot Chocolate. For dinner this week, Angela’s family will enjoy Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Shrimp Pad Thai with Broccoli, Beef and Butternut Stew, Braised Mediterranean Chicken, and Taco Pizza. Be sure to check out her full menu for all the recipe links.
Thanks for joining us this week, come back next week to see what gluten-free meals we’re serving when Entertaining Friends and Family.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week for sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for meals to serve when entertaining friends and family.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.