Cilantro is the theme ingredient for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap. I love how the addition of cilantro to a meal gives it such a fresh taste. It’s usually pretty easy to find in the grocery stores at any time of the year. But, it is even more abundant during the summer, and can be found at local farmers’ markets. A big bunch for 50 cents can go a long way to giving your meals a lot more flavor.
Keeping cilantro fresh is actually easier than you may think. My dad likes to put the stems in a glass of water (or an Herb Keeper) and keep it at the back of the refrigerator. It keeps fresh for at least a couple weeks. I’ve also read that some people put the stems in water, but keep it on the counter like a bouquet of flowers. I often don’t bother with either. After a quick rinse in water, I shake off the excess water, tear the leaves off the stems, and add the leaves to the meal.
This week, I’ll be using cilantro in our Cilantro Rice, Spaghetti Squash, and Corn and Black Bean Salad. I also like to use it for Pork Chops with Black Beans, Southwestern Chicken Salad, Cilantro Lime Shrimp, and Steak Fajitas (recipe coming soon!).
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and ideas for adding cilantro to your meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Wednesday – Eating Out
Thursday – Flank Steak, Spaghetti Squash with Sauteed Mushrooms, Zucchini, and Cilantro
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori loves cilantro and has it in almost every meal this week! She’ll be having Lime Cilantro Rice with Roasted Chicken, Bean Burritos, Chicken Pho, Asian Peanut Pasta, and Fish Tacos. Only the Chef Salad she has planned doesn’t have cilantro in it.
The Peaceful Mom: Simple Gluten-Free Menu
I don’t see cilantro in Kimberlee’s menu this week, but you could certainly add it to the Tomato and Cucumber Salad, Chicken Enchiladas, and Crunchy Chicken Salad on her menu. You’ll also find on her menu Individual Lasagna Bake, Cheeseburgers, Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, and Cauliflower Pizza Crust.
Thanks for joining us this week. Check back with us next week for more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for adding Jicama to your meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week at CeliacFamily for sharing gluten-free menus and meals with Jicama.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.