The clementines and mandarins at the grocery store right now are plump, juicy, and sweet. They are so easy to peel and eat, they are often put in my kids’ lunches to take to school. My family also eats clementines as a snack after school, and added to salads and smoothies for an extra dose of vitamin C.
I found some yummy Smoothie Recipes with Clementines:
- Clementine Sunshine Smoothie at Cookie and Kate
- Coconut Clementine Green Smoothie at Minimalist Baker
- Strawberry Clementine Smoothie at This Flourishing Life
I also found some Sweet Gluten-Free Recipes with Clementines — perfect for Valentine’s Day Treats!
- Clementine Cake at Joy of Baking
- Clementine Loaf Cake at Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Double Chocolate Clementine Cake at Gluten Free Easily
- Flourless Clementine Mint Cake at Cooking with Thas
- Chocolate Dipped Clementine Sugar Cookies (Vegan) at Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats
- Clementine Cranberry Coconut Macaroons at Coconut Recipes
- Cranberry Clementine Scones at Kindred-Kitchen
- Cranberry Cupcakes with Clementine Frosting at Allyson Kramer
- Clementine Sparkler adult beverage at Vegetarian Mamma
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and recipes with Clementines.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Marinated Chicken Skewers with Clementine Salsa at Perry’s Plate, Rice
Tuesday – Ground Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps, with Guacamole
Wednesday – Crispy Chicken Thighs with Kale in a Clementine Sauce from The Lucky Penny
Thursday – Hamburger Patties, French Fries, Green Peas
Friday – Pork Tenderloin, Spinach Salad with Clementine Wedges and Honey Poppyseed Dressing
Valentine’s Day – Heart-Shaped Pancakes, Bacon, Strawberry-Clementine Fruit Salad
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Always Blog: Gluten-Free
This week, Melissa is making use of her slow-cooker for Salisbury Steak and Italian Crockpot Chicken. She’s also making Chicken Italiano, Coconut Curry Chicken, Lemon Rosemary Chicken, meat-filled Pupusas, and Southwest White Chili.
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Melissa always manages to plan tasty and filling meals, even with a tight budget. This week at her house, it’s lots of fresh veggies with Roasted Chicken, Chicken Rice Soup, Squash with Ground Turkey, Polish Sausage, Beef Stew, and a Foil Dinner with Hamburger, Potatoes and Carrots. Check out her full menu for breakfast and lunch ideas, too.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth is considering making Fudge or Peppermint Patties for Valentine’s Day this week. Her dinner theme for the week is “simple, quick, and budget-friendly.” She’ll be having Zucchini Spaghetti Noodles and Meatballs (Sweet Potato and Black Bean), Sweet Potato and Apples Casserole, Fried Rice with Veggies, Chipotle Copycat Beans and Rice, and Pizza.
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Menu
We’re so happy to hear that Angela is feeling better and able to join us for the menu swap again! Angela says her family eats clementines “straight up, freshly peeled, and gobbled down.” For dinners this week, she’s planning Roasted Fish with Potatoes, Tomatoes and Olives, Slow-Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken, Veggies with Dairy-free Creamy Cashew “Cheese” Sauce on Rainbow GF Spiral Pasta, Ginger Beef Stir-Fry, Mexican Fiesta Avocado Stuffed Turkey Burgers, and Heart-shaped Pizza for Valentine’s Day.
Check back later to see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Clementines in your meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus and recipes with Kiwi fruit.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?