Hard to believe, I know, but it is already December!!! I don’t know about you, but my week is looking very, very busy. I’ve created an easy meal plan for the week to help manage our crazy evening schedule this week.
As for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap theme this week, I’m sharing recipe links for gluten-free Cookies, Baked Goods, and Treats. Make one batch for yourself to enjoy, or make several batches to share them with friends and family for the holidays.
- Sugar Cookie — recipe to cutout holiday shapes and frost
- Flourless Sparkling Chocolate Cookies — at Gluten Free Easily
- Meringue Cookies — shape into Christmas trees, Snowmen, etc.
- Peanut Butter Blossoms — Remember those peanut butter cookies with a chocolate Hershey kiss in the middle? Use Immaculate’s Frozen Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies for a Fast Plate of cookies to take to a holiday party.
- Check out my Pinterest Board of Gluten-Free Holiday Cookies for even more ideas.
- Angel Food Cake — at The Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Banana Coffee Cake — for holiday breakfast or brunch
- Chocolate Pumpkin Muffin Bites — more treats to take to a holiday party
- King Cake — for a fun holiday tradition
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread — at Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Poppy Seed Bread Mini-Loaves — makes great gifts!
- Brownie Pops Bouquet — makes a nice presentation at a holiday party
- Caramel Corn Puffs — make a nice snack or treat at a holiday party
- Chocolate Macadamia Nuts — packaged in a holiday tin or jar would make a nice gift
- Chocolate Truffles — gluten-free, dairy-free at Angela’s Kitchen
- Peppermint Patties — at Elanas Pantry
- Check out my Pinterest Board of Gluten-Free Holiday Treats for even more ideas.
The Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup will be included below. Don’t forget to check it for more gluten-free menus and maybe more recipe links for gluten-free cookies, baked goods, and treats.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday — Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Steamed Green Beans
Wednesday — Beef Stew and Schar Ciabatta Rolls
Thursday — Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Oven-Roasted Broccoli
Friday — Eating Out
Saturday — Indian Chicken over Basmati Rice, Sautéed Spinach and Garlic
Sunday — Clay Pot Roasted Turkey Breast, Oven-Roasted Potatoes, Broccoli Casserole
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Melissa says she has a busy week, too. I’m jealous that she has turkey leftovers still to use. With it, she’ll be making Turkey Meatball Soup, Turkey Noodle Soup, and Turkey Fried Rice. Her family will also be having Pork and Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie, Slow-Cooker Polish Sausage, and Ham and Cabbage Bake.
Kimberlee has lots of easy, but delicious dinners on her menu this week: Garlic Shrimp Radiatore, Black Bean Chicken Chili, Pork Chops, Steak and Rice Burritos, Sausage Skillet, Parmesan Chicken Strips, and Loaded Baked Potatoes. Don’t forget to check her full menu for gluten-free breakfast and lunch ideas, too.
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
The logo and motto at Angela’s Kitchen reads “Because Everyone Deserves a Cookie.” So, it’s no surprise that Angela has a variety of recipe links to share this week: Biscotti, Shortbread, Bars, Cupcakes, Muffins, Candy, and so much more! Her dinner menu this week starts with Bison Sweet Potato Stew and Chicken Cacciatore. Pumpkin Waffles with Turkey Sausage, Cabbage Roll Casserole, and Buffalo Chicken Pizza finish off her yummy week.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
This season, Elisabeth is planning to make Pumpkin Molasses Cookie Dough Balls, as well as molasses crinkles, spritz, and sugar cookies. For meals this week, she’ll be having Vegan Waffles, Spaghetti with Lentil Meatballs, Tacos with Mushrooms, Grilled Cheese, Tuna Apple Salad, Pizza, and Fish.
Thanks to everyone who shared their ideas, menus, and recipe links with us this week. Join us next week at Gluten Free Week, when we’ll be sharing more menus and ideas for using sweet potatoes in our meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week at Gluten Free Week for sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for meals with Sweet Potatoes.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.