We’re sharing ideas for using Fall Produce in our menus this month. I am especially focused on gluten-free recipes with Cranberries this week.
I’ve been wanting to make some Cashew Cherry Chocolate Energy Snack Bars to help me with my frequent afternoon slump. We were out of dried cherries, but I was happy to see we had just enough dried cranberries to make them. I also added some flax seed and had to sub in some quinoa pops for some of the rice cereal. It turned out very yummy, and it should get me through a couple weeks.
I haven’t seen fresh cranberries in the grocery stores yet, but I’m sure they’ll be stocked soon enough! Just over a month until Thanksgiving when so many of us will be making cranberry sauce, right? In the meantime, I’ve got to replenish my own stock of dried cranberries and maybe pick up some frozen ones to use in some of these gluten-free recipes.
Gluten-Free Cranberry Recipe links:
- Cranberry Apple Stuffing (GF, DF, P) @ Elana’s Pantry
- Cranberry Butternut Squash Cornbread Stuffing (GF) @ Whitney Bond
- Cranberry Chicken (GF) @ Don’t Eat Wheat
- Cranberry Muffins (GF, DF) @ Divine Health From the Inside Out
- Cranberry Orange Holiday Bars (GF) @ A Healthy Life for Me
- Cranberry Sauce (GF, DF, P, V) @ The Healthy GF Life
- Cranberry Upside Down Cake (GF) @ For the Love of Basil
- Honey-Cranberry Chicken with Orange-Paprika Rice (GF, DF, P) @ Clean Eating Magazine
- Pear Cranberry Crisp (GF) @ Cookie + Kate
- Quinoa Pilaf with Cranberries and Almond (GF, DF, P, V) @ Whole Foods Market
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Chicken (GF, DF) @ The Sane Kitchen
- White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins (GF, DF, V) @ The Big Man’s World
- Wild Rice, Kale, and Cranberry Pilaf (GF, DF, P, V) @ Nourishing Meals
- Wild Rice Pilaf with Cranberries, Apple, and Pistachios (GF) @ Cook Nourish Bliss
(GF= Gluten-Free, DF= Dairy-Free, P= Paleo, V= Vegan)
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, Wild Rice, Kale, and Cranberry Pilaf
Tuesday – Easy Garlic Shrimp Pasta, Roasted Broccoli
Wednesday – Red Beans and Rice, Green Beans
Friday – Meatloaf, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Kale Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pine Nuts
Saturday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at Orgjunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.