The theme for this week’s Gluten-Free Menu Swap is Entertaining. With Christmas and New Year parties this month, entertaining with gluten-free foods may cause you concern. Whether you are gluten-free, or want to prepare gluten-free meals for friends and family, it doesn’t have to be difficult. Stick with whole foods and recipes with simple ingredients. Here are some of the recipes we’ve used when entertaining friends and family.
- Parmesan Chicken Nuggets are great for kids, or serve as appetizers to adults
- Broccoli Mushroom Bake casserole
- Quinoa with Broccoli and Mushrooms
- Rainbow Apple Salad
- Wild Rice Salad with Parmesan Dressing
- Brownie Pops Flower Bouquet - can make a fun display for the table, too
- Chocolate Creme Brulee – Dairy-Free/Casein-Free
- Banana Coffee Cake Revised
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Eggs and Hash Browns Breakfast Casserole - use leftover roasted potatoes for the hashbrowns
- Irish Potato Farls - use leftover mashed potatoes to make these in the morning for overnight guests
The Gluten-Free Menu Swap roundup below will have more gluten-free menus and recipe links for Gluten-Free Entertaining. We’d love to hear your ideas for entertaining with gluten-free foods, too. Please share them in the comments below or link up your menu post.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Chicken Tacos with Corn Tortillas and Guacamole
Christmas Day – Smoked Beef Brisket, Oven-Roasted Potatoes, Spinach Salad, Pumpkin Pie
Friday – Easy Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Green Beans
Saturday – Grilled Flank Steak, Steak Fries, Steamed Broccoli
Sunday – Chicken Chili served over rice
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Melissa is planning for holiday parties, by making Banana Bread (gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, sugar-free) and gluten-free pretzels dipped in melted chocolate chips (allergen-free Enjoy Life brand). She’s also planning a special breakfast for Christmas morning with a Blueberry Buckle and Sausage. For dinners this week, her family with be eating Salmon, Pork Chops, Hamburger Soup, Sausage and Peppers, Ham for Christmas, Ground Beef Goulash, and Cabbage and Ham Sauté.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth has found some great recipes at Gluten-Free on a Shoestring that are perfect to make this holiday: Dairy-Free Egg Nog, Really Nice Dairy-Free Fudge, Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men Cookies, and Quickest Yeast-Free Cinnamon Buns. She also plans to make the Apple Clafoutis from The Nourishing Gourmet for breakfast this week. Dinners for her family this week will be Waffles, Shepherd’s Pie, Clam Chowder, Sweet & Sour Meatballs, Grilled Shrimp with Fruit Salsa, Salmon BLT, Pizza, Fish, and Mac & Cheese. Looks like a busy week of cooking and baking at her house!
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Menu
Angela entertained friends this month with what looks like it was a very fun cookie decorating party. I love that idea! In addition to the cookies, she says she keeps the slow-cookers going with soup and chili to keep everyone fed. For dinners this week, she’ll be making Slow-Cooker Island Pork Roast, Herbed Roast Beef for Christmas Eve dinner, and Thai Thighs. Christmas morning, her family will be enjoying Caramel Pecan French Toast Casserole with Homemade Turkey Sausage.
Check back later to see who else may be joining the menu swap this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week for sharing gluten-free menus.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.