As we welcome in the Fall season, we also welcome the Fall Produce this month. I’m thinking about Brussels Sprouts this week. Do you consider Brussels sprouts to be a fall vegetable? I’m usually able to get them year-round in the grocery stores. Sources on the web indicate that they are typically harvested from September through March. So, they should be great right now and the coming months, as well.
Brussels sprouts has become one of my family’s favorite vegetable. Nothing fancy needed for us — just cut in half and cooked with a little oil (or bacon fat) and salt. We either roast in the oven or in a pan on the stove. Even though we’ve all been enjoying the simplicity of it, I thought it would be fun to find some other ways to cook it. And I found quite a variety of tasty recipes to try!
Gluten-Free Brussels Sprouts Recipe links:
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots (GF, DF, P, V) @ Simply Recipes
- Brussels Sprouts and Apple Hash (GF, V) @ Herbivoracious
- Brussels Sprouts Cranberry Quinoa Salad (GF, DF, P, V) @ Gimme Some Oven
- Brussels Sprout Fritters (GF, DF) @ The Fitchen
- Brussels Sprouts – Potato Hash (GF, DF, P, V) @ Serious Eats
- Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate Syrup (GF, DF, P, V) @ Simply Gluten-Free
- Mapled Brussels Sprouts (GF, DF, V) @ Door Sixteen
- Mouth-Watering Crispy Brussels Sprouts (GF, DF, P, V) @ Oh She Glows
- Quick Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Coconut Ginger Sauce (GF, DF, P, V) @ Cookie + Kate
- Spicy Honey Mustard Brussels Sprouts (GF, DF, P) @ Gluten Free with LB
GF= Gluten-Free, DF= Dairy-Free, P= Paleo, V= Vegan
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Teriyaki Chicken Tenders, Rice, Green Beans
Wednesday – Chili and Cornbread
Friday – Fish Tacos, Mango Pineapple Salsa
Saturday – leftovers
Sunday – French Bread Pizzas, Rainbow Apple Salad
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Always Blog: Gluten-Free
Fall veggies on Melissa’s menu are Mashed Potatoes and Loaded Baked Potato Soup. Yum!! Other meals this week will be Mac & Cheese, BBQ Chicken Cornbread, Tacos, Chicken Marsala, Chicken Fried Steak, and Burgers with Bacon.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at Orgjunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.