The Gluten-Free Menu Swap theme this week is Family Favorites. Visit Angela’s Kitchen for the roundup of gluten-free menus and family-favorite meals.
Can I say Family Favorites are my favorite meals to cook? Or, is that redundant? 🙂 Our favorites are usually simple, quick meals to prepare. Part of the reason it’s so quick for us, is that I make them often enough that I don’t have to use a recipe. I don’t have to watch over the cooking too closely because I already know what to expect. Basically, favorite meals are easy. And, with a busy family schedule, the only thing better than easy is knowing that the whole family will eat it!
In addition to the meals on this week’s menu, I would also include these as family favorites:
- Hamburgers – make your own gluten-free buns or buy a gluten-free favorite (Udi’s)
- Pulled Pork
- Bacon-wrapped Chicken
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Steaks
- Roasted Chicken
- Chicken Taquitos
- Pork Tenderloin
- and Leftover Night, because everyone gets to choose their favorites from the week!
For Breakfast, my kids often get to eat gluten-free pancakes and Chocolate Chip Banana Mini-Muffins. But, their favorites, which they would say I don’t make often enough, would be Beignets and Cinnamon Rolls.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday — Gluten-Free Pizza Dogs, Zucchini Salad
Friday — Easy Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Zucchini
Saturday — Flank Steak, Oven-Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans
Sunday — leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, visit Angela’s Kitchen.
- Next week’s roundup will be back at Celiac Family. The theme will be Olives.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.