The Gluten-Free Menu Swap theme this week is Family Favorites. Visit Angela’s Kitchen for the roundup of gluten-free menus and family-favorite meals.
Can I say Family Favorites are my favorite meals to cook? Or, is that redundant? Our favorites are usually simple, quick meals to prepare. Part of the reason it’s so quick for us, is that I make them often enough that I don’t have to use a recipe. I don’t have to watch over the cooking too closely because I already know what to expect. Basically, favorite meals are easy. And, with a busy family schedule, the only thing better than easy is knowing that the whole family will eat it!
In addition to the meals on this week’s menu, I would also include these as family favorites:
- Hamburgers – make your own gluten-free buns or buy a gluten-free favorite (Udi’s)
- Pulled Pork
- Bacon-wrapped Chicken
- Simple Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Steaks
- Roasted Chicken
- Chicken Taquitos
- Pork Tenderloin
- and Leftover Night, because everyone gets to choose their favorites from the week!
For Breakfast, my kids often get to eat gluten-free pancakes and Chocolate Chip Banana Mini-Muffins. But, their favorites, which they would say I don’t make often enough, would be Beignets and Cinnamon Rolls.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Gluten-Free Pizza Dogs, Zucchini Salad
Friday – Easy Garlic Shrimp Pasta with Zucchini
Saturday – Flank Steak, Oven-Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans
Sunday – leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, visit Angela’s Kitchen.
- Next week’s roundup will be back at Celiac Family. The theme will be Olives.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.