To me, Hawaiian Food means Pineapple, Coconut, Fresh Fish, and Rice. But it’s more than that. The variety of foods and meals in Hawaii is due to the influences from not only European and American settlers, but also Japanese, Korean, and Chinese immigrants, among others.
Just look at the variety of Gluten-Free Recipes I found with foods and flavors common in the Hawaiian Islands:
- Butter Mochi Cake (GF) at What’s Cooking America
- Coconut Macadamia Nut Crusted Mahi Mahi (GF, DF) at Monica Swanson
- Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken (GF, DF) at Gluten Free with L.B.
- Grilled Vegan Hawaiian Salad (GF, DF, Vegan) at Girl Makes Food
- Hawaiian Ahi Poke (GF, DF, Paleo) at Crunchy Mama
- Hawaiian Chicken Skewers (GF, DF, Paleo) at Primal Paleo
- Hawaiian Luau Rice (GF, DF) at Bam’s Kitchen
- Hawaiian Meatballs (GF) at Simply Gluten-Free
- Hawaiian Meatloaf (GF) at 5 Dollar Dinners
- Hawaiian Rolls (GF) at Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- Hawaiian Shredded Pork (GF, DF) at A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Shrimp Tacos with Coconut Coleslaw and Mango Avocado Salsa (GF, DF) at Natasha’s Kitchen
- Tropical Fruit Salad (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) at CeliacFamily
- Tropical Mimosas (GF, DF, Vegan) at CeliacFamily
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, recipes, and ideas for Hawaiian meals from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday –Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Tropical Fruit Salad
Tuesday – Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken, Rice
Friday – Baked Salmon with a Balsamic Glaze, Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
Saturday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Melissa is considering buying a big bag of gluten-free oats, so she’s trying out some recipes with oats this week — Clean Eating Pancakes and Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins. Her dinner menu looks yummy, too, with Italian Wedding Soup, Stuffed Red Peppers, Hobo Meatball Stew in the Crockpot, Ultimate Paleo Chili, and Chicken & Chinese Restaurant Fried Rice.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for Hawaiian meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus, recipes, and ideas for American Southern Comfort food.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.