The Gluten-Free Menu Swap continues with more Gluten-Free, Healthy Holidays. This week, it’s Healthy Holiday Drinks!
Drinking at holiday parties can create digestive problems for some of us. The hydration is good, but if you’re adding lots of sugar and alcohol, you may end up with some problems: inflammation, indigestion, diarrhea, and unwanted weight gain. 🙁
But there’s no need to abstain from all holiday drinks. I found some gluten-free drink recipes with healthy, superfood ingredients, like antibacterial and antiviral herbs and spices, vitamin-rich juices, vegan and paleo ingredients, etc. Warm or cold, alcohol or not, these festive drinks are sure to keep us happy and healthy through the holidays.
Gluten-Free, Healthy Holiday Drink Recipes:
- Cranberry Punch @ Maria Ushakova
- Herbal Holiday Punch @ Living Awareness
- Spiced Chamomile Apple Punch @ Mother Earth Living
- Superfoods Hot Apple Cider @ Healthful Pursuit
- Superfood Hot Chocolate @ The Healthy Maven
Gluten-Free, Healthier Alcoholic Drink Recipes:
- Boozy Skinny Hot Chocolate @ Fit Foodie Finds
- Cozy Fire Cocktail from The Thinking Girls Guide to Drinking @ Hallmark Channel
- Healthier Hot Buttered Rum @ Cooking with Char
- Healthier Mulled Wine @ Great Body & Skin
- Healthy Herbal Hot Toddy @ Medical Daily
- Peppermint Cosmo @ Self
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Baked Salmon with Balsamic Glaze, Rice, Sautéed Zucchini
Tuesday – Baked Chicken Nuggets, Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Red Potatoes
Wednesday – Chili, Cornbread muffins
Thursday – leftovers
Friday – Pizza, Spinach Salad
Saturday – Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries, Green Beans
Sunday – Spaghetti & Meatballs, Tossed Green Salad
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Always Blog: Gluten-Free
Melissa is busy with holiday activities, and has a menu to keep her family well fed this week. Caribbean Chicken, Bean and Cheese Enchilada, One Pan Chicken, Pupusas, Roasted Chicken and Veggies, Beef and Cornbread Skillet Pie, and Chicken and Dumplings.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at Orgjunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.