The Gluten-Free Menu Swap this month will share ideas for Heart-Healthy Menus and Recipes.
According to the American Heart Association, a heart-healthy diet emphasizes plant foods by recommending you eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. For protein, it also recommends that you eat nuts and legumes, skinless chicken, oily fish twice a week, and lean cuts of red meat. A heart-healthy diet also means limiting your intake of saturated fats, trans fats, sodium, red meat, sweets, and sugar-sweetened drinks.
This week’s Heart-Healthy Gluten-Free Foods to try:
- Cranberry Almond Quinoa Salad at The Food Network
- Dark Chocolate Berries at The Kitchn
- Herb-Roasted Sweet Potato Skins at Whole Foods Market
- Spinach Asparagus and Strawberry Salad at Simple Green Moms
- Salmon with Tomato and Basil from The Allergy-Free Family Cookbook
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – White Chicken Chili with Rice
Thursday – Fish Tacos with a Pineapple Mango Salsa
Friday – Grilled Chicken with Cranberry Almond Quinoa Salad
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?