Like clementines, kiwis are another fruit that I usually just cut up and eat fresh. My son likes them in his lunch. And I often add them to smoothies and fruit salads. I enjoy the crispy, little black seeds, too. The fruit is very soft and easy to puree for smoothies, sauces, and dressings.
I don’t usually eat the skin because I don’t care for the fuzzy texture. The skin is edible, however, and a good source of fiber. Kiwi is also a good source of Vitamin C, vitamins E and K, Potassium, Magnesium, and Folic Acid. Studies have shown that kiwi can help you get a good night’s sleep, reduce asthma reactions, reduce blood clot risks, and support the body’s immune system. So, what are we going to do with kiwi this week?
Gluten-Free Kiwifruit Recipes. I’ll start by adding kiwi to my breakfast smoothies. I don’t usually use recipes for smoothies. I simply use whatever fruit I have in the freezer or on the counter, but it’s fun to get some new ideas. And, the smoothie recipes linked below look delicious. I also found some fun breakfast, salad, and dessert ideas to try!
- Kiwi Crush Smoothie at Daily Bites
- Mango Kiwi Green Smoothie at Ambitious Kitchen
- Minty Kiwi Kreme at The Blender Girl
- Magical Kiwi-Lime Marmalade-filled Muffins at Eat the Love
- Dried Kiwi, Pineapple, and Banana Snacks (directions for making in a dehydrator or the oven) at Super Healthy Kids
- Blueberry Kiwi Mojita Quinoa at The Clean Eating Machine
- Kiwi Avocado Kale Salad at Gluten-Free Cat
- Kiwi Mango Cucumber Salsa at Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Kiwi Strawberry Fruit Pizza at Celiac Family
- Kiwifruit Shortbread Cookies at Girl Meets Nourishment
- Raw Kiwi-Banana Tarts (sugar-free) at The Kitchen Papers
- Strawberry and Kiwi Crepes at Gluten-Free Recipes
- Yellow Cupcakes with Kiwi and Sultanas at The Canary Files
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and recipes with Kiwi.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Hamburger Stroganoff with Gluten-Free Tagliatelle Noodles, Roasted Cauliflower
Wednesday –Pizza and Tropical Fruit Salad with Kiwi
Friday – Marinated Flank Steak, Roasted Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Saturday – Rotisserie Chicken, Blueberry Kiwi Mojita Quinoa
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Always Blog: Gluten-Free
Melissa is looking forward to warmer spring weather. Until then, she’s warming up the kitchen by baking donuts. Yum! I look forward to trying those recipes. For dinners this week, she’s cooking Rosemary Chicken Penne with Peas, Pizza, Lime Cilantro Chicken, Beef Shortribs, Chilaquiles, Beef & Cornbread Skillet, and Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth loves to make a fresh fruit salad of kiwi and strawberries with vanilla coconut yogurt drizzled on top. But, with the cool weather this month, Elisabeth is thinking more about soup! She has Veggie soup, Potato soup, and Tomato Soup on her menu this week. Also on her menu is Apple Tuna Salad, Veggie Sandwiches, Curried Chickpea Wrap, and Pizza.
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Menu
Angela shares her recipe for Kiwi Banana Smoothie and some other recipe links she found for Kiwi Sorbet, Kiwi Salsa, Kiwifruit Pops, and Kiwi Fruit Leathers. Angela is planning to stock up her freezer this week by doubling her dinner meals of Chicken Wild Rice Soup, Meatballs, White Bean & Ham Soup, and Calico Beans. She’s ending the week with Fish Tacos and Red Cabbage Slaw.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Kiwi in meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus and recipes with Winter Squash.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?