Mangoes are so sweet and juicy, they are perfect for eating raw, adding sweetness to meals, and for yummy fresh desserts.
I don’t buy mangoes too often…maybe once a month. I never feel like I’ve mastered the chopping or slicing of them. I think that’s because it’s always a little messy, and I never feel like I get all the flesh off the pit. But after reviewing several tutorial videos, and even more web sites for directions for preparing a mango, it is clear that there is no one good way to do it. You just have to go for it. And if you think there is flesh left on the pit, then it’s time to use your teeth and enjoy it or hand it to your kids to enjoy.
Gluten-Free Mango Recipes:
- Almond Mango Muffins (GF, DF) at Pickled Plum
- Berry Mango Sunrise Tarts (GF, DF, Raw, Vegan) at The Fitchen
- Coconut Mango Clafoutis (GF, DF) at Simply Gluten-Free
- Coconut Shrimp with Mango Salsa (GF, DF) at Hungry Happens
- Forbidden Rice and Mango Salad (GF, DF, Vegan)
- Grilled Jerk Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa (GF, DF) at Home Sweet Jones
- Mango Tart (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) at Bakerita
- Pork Mango Picadillo (GF, DF) at Simply Recipes
- Stir-Fried Chili Mango Chicken with Peppers (GF, DF) at Sassy Southern Yankee
- Thai Mango Cabbage Wraps with Crispy Tofu and Peanut Sauce (GF, DF) at Cookie + Kate
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and recipes with Mango from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week: Since we are traveling this week, our meals will mainly be eating out. So, I’ve pulled a menu plan from past summers to come up with this one.
Monday – Indian Chicken with Mango Chutney, jasmine rice, green beans
Tuesday – leftovers
Wednesday – Bacon Wrapped Chicken, Rainbow Apple Salad
Thursday – Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry, rice
Friday – Fish Tacos with Pineapple-Mango Salsa
Saturday – Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries, Broccoli Spears
Sunday –Grilled Jerk Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa, Mashed Potatoes
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Always Blog: Gluten-Free
We’re happy that Melissa is joining us this week! Though she doesn’t have mango on her menu plan this week, there are plenty of yummy gluten-free meals to choose from. Cows in Ponchos sounds like a fun and easy meal. She’s also planning for Freezer to Crockpot Chicken and Rice, Chicken Piccata with Pasta, Bean and Cheese Enchiladas, Venison Roast, Pizza, and Caribbean Chicken with Sweet Potatoes.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth says her favorite smoothie is Mango Marriage Saver Smoothie and Mask. Mangoes are perfect for smoothies! Elisabeth also likes to make Mango Raspberry Jam (from Preserving the Harvest). For dinners this week, she’s having Broccoli Quesadillas, Nachos, Vanilla Cinnamon Waffles, Vegan Mac & Cheese, Macaroni Salad with Tuna, and Sticky Chicken in the Crockpot.
Angela’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Menu
Angela shares some very tempting Mango Recipes with us this week: Mango Spinach Smoothie, Peach-Mango Smoothie, Chicken Mango Curry, Chicken Blueberry Mango Salad, and Curried Chicken Cantaloupe and Mango Salad. Also on her menu this week is Fish Tacos with Red Cabbage-Apple Slaw and Mango Salsa, Twice Baked Spinach Mushroom Garlic Stuffed Potatoes, and Teriyaki Burgers.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Mango in meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus and recipes with Watermelon.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.