This month at the Gluten-Free Menu Swap, we are sharing meals and menus for healthier eating and living. That can mean different things to different people: no grain, no meat, low sugar, low salt, various allergens, etc.
I always indulge in sweets over the holidays. Never gluten, and never dairy. But I bake cookies, cakes, and candy for friends and neighbors and can’t help but eat some of it…OK, a lot of it! I’ve eaten way too much sugar this season, and I know that I need to eliminate it from my diet.
That’s how I’m starting my “Healthy Eating” for January: This week, I’m taking sugar out of my diet. Even as I’m writing this, I’m not sure I can do it. It won’t be in any of my meals. That isn’t too difficult for me. It’s the snacking that gets me. Too many cookies and sugary snacks are still sitting around. So, I’m going to have to make some healthy snacks to replace the sugary ones. Then maybe I’ll work on
eliminating reducing the snacking…maybe.
Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Snacks
- 4-Ingredient Banana Bites (GF, DF, SF, Vegan) @Natural Sweet Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Protein Squares (GF, DF, low-sugar) @Joyous Health
- Chocolate Cranberry Power Bars (GF, DF, SF, Paleo, Vegan) @Elana’s Pantry
- Cinnamon Maple Caramel Popcorn (GF, DF, SF, Paleo, Vegan) @Cookie + Kate
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites (GF, DF, low-sugar) @Oh She Glows
- Nutty Snack Balls (GF, DF, low-sugar) @A Little Insanity
- Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips (GF, DF, SF, Paleo, Vegan) @Sugar-Free Mom
- Spicy Roasted Cashews (GF, DF, SF, Paleo, V) @Amy Green Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
- Stove-Top Kettle Popcorn (GF, DF, SF, Vegan) @Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free
- Sweet & Salty Fudge Bombs (GF, DF, SF, Paleo, Vegan) @Melissa Joulwan’s Well Fed….
Did you make some goals for 2016? Healthier eating, perhaps? I’d love to know what healthier means to you and your family. Please share with us in the comments!
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Tilapia, Wild Rice Salad, steamed Green Beans
Wednesday – Beef Stew
Friday –Hamburgers, French Fries, Garlic & Dill Zucchini
Saturday – Grilled Chicken Strips, Rainbow Apple Salad
Sunday – leftovers with Corn and Black Bean Salad
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Melissa has found that she and her son do best on a Paleo diet. So this week, her menu has many Quick Paleo Meals on it. Slow Cooker Beef Stew, Garlic Honey Ginger Glazed Salmon, Chili with Black Beans, Paleo Egg Roll in a Bowl, Salisbury Steak, Italian Sausage Potato Quick Skillet Meal, and Kung Pao Chicken are on her menu this week.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for gluten-free nuts and snacks for holiday gifts or entertaining.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for healthy gluten-free meals.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.