Gluten-Free Menu Swap
Oct. 17, 2011 marks the first day the Gluten-Free Menu Swap will be coordinated from this web page. Scroll down the page for more information on participating. If you have questions, feel free to email Heather at celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com.
When? Where? What Theme?
March 23 – Pineapple at Angela’s Kitchen
March 30 – Carrots at CeliacFamily
April 6 –
April 13 –
April 20 –
April 27 –
• To sign up to host future dates, email Heather.
• Find links to past roundups on the GF Menu Swap Schedule Page.
Gluten-Free Menu Swap Artwork
You are welcome to use the weekly themed artwork above, if you are participating in the Gluten-Free Menu Swap.
Angela at Angela’s Kitchen has also designed artwork to use for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. Some of the buttons are general designs to use any week and some are more specific designs for theme weeks. Feel free to visit Angela’s page of Gluten Free Menu Swap Buttons to retrieve one (or more) to use on your post while participating in and/or hosting the roundup.
Guidelines for Participating
- To participate, you simply have to have a menu for gluten-free meals, with at least a Monday – Friday schedule.
- Your menu (or your post) does NOT have to include the weekly theme. That’s simply for fun, if you want to contribute to the roundup.
- Your menu does NOT have to include recipes or links to recipes, though readers do find that helpful.
- On your menu post, please include a link back to the roundup post for that week, so that your readers can benefit from additional gluten-free menu ideas.
- You are welcome to use one of the Gluten-Free Menu Logos above, at GF Menu Swap Schedule or at Angela’s Kitchen on your post.
- Email the host as early as the Sunday before with a link to your menu. Or, if the host has already posted the roundup, simply put your menu link in the comments. The roundup should be posted by Monday morning, so the sooner you link up, the better.
- For fun, why not check out and comment on all the gluten-free menus participating.
- Found a gluten-free menu that isn’t linked to the roundup? Feel free to invite them to join us this week or next!
- Don’t have a blog to post your menu, but you still want to share? Feel free to share your menu or meal ideas in the comments.
Guidelines for Hosting a Roundup
- To be a host, you simply need to have participated in the Gluten-Free Menu Swap once before and follow the rules above.
- Email Heather (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with the date and theme you wish to host. You can check the schedule to make sure the date has not already been chosen. I will email confirmation to you.
- On the week of your roundup, you will include your own gluten-free menu, as well as compile/comment on the other gluten-free menus from that week’s participants. Be sure to include links to the participants’ menu posts.
- The roundup should be posted by Monday morning. Please check your email inbox and comments on your post to find the participating menus to include.
- Please use the Gluten-Free Menu Swap Button created for your chosen theme (artwork above or at GF Menu Swap Schedule).
- As the host, you are encouraged to visit and comment on all of the participants’ menus for that week. If the number of participants on your week to host are low, feel free to invite others to link up.
- Don’t want to host? Why not suggest a theme that you’d like to see on the schedule by emailing Heather.