I love Mexican food. I think I could eat it everyday… and it looks like I just might this week. Of course, my idea of Mexican food includes a lot of variety that isn’t exactly traditional Mexican food. But the meals will typically include at least a few of these ingredients: corn, corn tortillas, tomatoes, salsa, onion, cumin, coriander, cilantro, chiles, peppers, beans, avocado, and lime.
Here are just some of my family’s yummy favorites:
- Avocado Salsa
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Chicken Pizza
- Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Cilantro Rice
- Corn and Black Bean Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Salad
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Chili Blanco (White, Chicken Chili)
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and ideas for Mexican Gluten-Free Meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Garlic Spinach
Wednesday – Fajitas with skirt steak, onions and peppers, leftover rice
Thursday – Pork Chops with Black Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Friday – Fish Tacos, Avocado Salsa
Saturday – Mexican Black Bean Chili, Cornbread
Sunday – Fried Chicken, Watermelon, and Carrots (as requested by my daughter)
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth says she likes to do Freezer Burritos and Nachos for quick dinners at her house. Also on her menu this week is Chicken or Fish Nuggets, Simple Corn Soup, Tuna Apple Salad, Avocado Salad, Creamy Raspberry Vanilla Smoothie with popcorn, and Pizza with Salad.
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori has lots of Tex-Mex and Cal-Mex recipes to share this week: Tacos, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Fajitas, Fish Tacos, Baked Chicken Taquitos, and Chili Nachos. She’s also trying a couple new recipes this week for Oaxacan Grilled Shrimp and Pollo Pibel.
Check back later to see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for Mexican Meals this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week at CeliacFamily for sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for Gluten-Free Mexican Dinners.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?