We’re sharing ideas for using Fall Produce in our menus this month for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. This week, I’m looking at gluten-free recipes with Mushroom.
Are Mushrooms Gluten-Free? Being fresh produce, they certainly should be! But, surprisingly, there are some concerns about gluten being used in the process of growing mushrooms. According to this article at VeryWell, rye and wheat bran can be used in the early growth of mushroom spores. But even with mushrooms that are exposed to gluten, the actual amount of gluten is far lower than 20 parts per million. Jennifer at Gluten-Free School further researched the issue, and found that all mushrooms tested below 5 parts per million of gluten.
Mushrooms are widely accepted as safe for celiacs to eat. But since we all have varying levels of gluten sensitivity… If you are frequently eating mushrooms on a regular basis, you should be aware of the possibility of ingesting gluten. I’ve never noticed my own bad reaction to mushrooms. But, since I have a few meals with mushrooms planned for this week, I’ll be watching for reactions from everyone in our family.
Gluten-Free Mushroom Recipe links:
- Beef Tips in Mushroom Brown Gravy (GF) @ Peace, Love, and Low Carb
- Cashew Cream Mushroom and Onion Tart (GF, DF, V) @ Run to the Finish
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (GF, DF, P, V) @ Hype Foodie
- Easy Mushroom Risotto (GF) @ Julia’s Album
- Everybody’s Mushroom Gravy (GF, DF, V) @ The Splendid Table
- Lentil Mushroom Burger (GF, DF, V) @ The Colorful Kitchen
- Mushroom Beef Burger (GF, DF) @ A Healthy Life For Me
- Mushroom Crepe Tortes (GF) @ Live Well Network
- Mushroom Spinach Fettucine (GF) @ Wheat-Free Meat-Free
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers (GF, DF, P, V) @ Chocolate Covered Katie
- Sausage Mushroom & Pasta (GF) @ Fountain Avenue Kitchen
- Skillet Chicken & Mushrooms (GF, P) @ I Breathe I’m Hungry
- Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Wild Mushrooms (GF, DF, P, V) @ The Clean Dish
- Wild Mushroom and Quinoa Risotto (GF, DF, V) @ Simply Gluten-Free
(GF= Gluten-Free, DF= Dairy-Free, P= Paleo, V= Vegan)
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Hamburger and Mushroom Stroganoff over Egg Noodles, Green Beans
Wednesday – Spaghetti Squash, Chicken and Apple Sausage, Kale
Thursday – Beef Stew with Potatoes and Carrots
Friday – Teriyaki Chicken Tenders, Broccoli and Mushroom Quinoa
Saturday – Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Roasted Cauliflower, Fries
Sunday – leftovers
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Gluten Free Always Blog: Gluten-Free
This week, Melissa’s menu plan starts with Mac and Cheese, Steak, and Roast Chicken with Veggies. It finishes with Chicken Enchilada Bake, Burgers, Chicken Fried Rice, and Chili.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at Orgjunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.