It’s that time of year to get your gardens going. The herbs are plentiful at the garden centers and on sale, too. So, I picked up small pots of some favorite herbs to grow in the corner of my kitchen. They’ll sit between two big windows so they get lots of sunshine. With a little watering and some pruning, they’ll be fresh for eating for several weeks.
Oregano is in many Italian and Greek recipes. Just take a look at these Gluten-Free recipes I found:
- Easy Brown Rice Risotto with Mushrooms and Fresh Oregano at Cookie and Kate
- Fresh Italian Salsa and Baked Gluten-Free Chips at Momables
- Baked Gnocchi with Oregano-Chive Pesto and Slow Roasted Tomatoes at Café Johnsonia
- Greek Chicken with Lemon and Oregano at Nosh On.It
- Greek Meatballs at The Lemon Bowl
- Grilled Swordfish Steaks with Lemon Oregano Marinade at Simply Recipes
- Lemon, Chicken and Orzo Soup at Tartelette
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette at The Sun and the Spoon
- Oregano Pesto at A Healthy Life For Me
- Spaghetti with Clams, Lemon, Saffron, and Fresh Oregano at Nourished Kitchen
- Spaghetti Squash with Fresh Herbs at Mind Body Green
If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand, but a pantry full of dry herbs instead, you may find this conversion chart helpful when preparing your meals.
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and recipes with Oregano from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Greek Pasta Salad with Chicken
Tuesday – Chicken and Apple Sausage, Spaghetti Squash with Fresh Herbs
Wednesday – Eating Out
Thursday – Spaghetti with Greek Meatballs
Friday – Greek Chicken with Lemon and Oregano, Rice, Asparagus
Saturday – Pizza, Spinach Salad
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth says she uses dried oregano in lots of meals, especially her spaghetti sauce. In fact, she’s starting the week with spaghetti and meatballs. Dinners for the rest of her week include Crock Pot Southwestern Corn & Potato Chowder, Broccoli Quesadillas, Shrimp Scampi (with fresh parsley), Southwestern Veggie Wraps, and Pizza.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including Oregano in meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week at Angela’s Kitchen for sharing gluten-free menus and recipes with Dill.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?