For breakfast and lunch, I’ve been eating fresh slices and also adding them to my smoothies. For a Peach-Berry Smoothie, try half a banana, half a peeled, sliced peach, a handful of frozen strawberries and blueberries, and some pineapple juice. Love it! (Maybe I should add that to the snacks and desserts category.)
For dinners this week, I’m trying
- Sweet and Spicy Peach Glazed Salmon made with Peach Preserves,
- Tomato-Peach Salsa (from The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook) to serve with Grilled Chicken, and
- Indian Chicken with fresh peach chunks.
For snacks and desserts, I’m looking at
- Peach Blueberry Crisp (The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook),
- Peach Crumb Pie, and
- Strawberry Peach Orange Fruitsicles (The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook).
What’s your favorite way to eat peaches? Let me know in the comments. And, don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and ideas for eating peaches.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Sweet and Spicy Peach Glazed Salmon, Jasmine Rice
Tuesday – Chicken and Apple Sausage, Rainbow Apple Salad
Wednesday – Indian Chicken with Fresh Peach Chunks, Jasmine Rice
Sunday – Steak Fajitas, Avocado Salsa
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori is cooking peaches with her Pork Tenderloin this week, and will also be eating them in her Summer Fruit Salad. She also found a few new recipes to try for Peach Melba, Grilled Peaches, Peach Margaritas, and Peach Smoothies. For the rest of her dinners this week, she’ll be having Chicken Salad, Turkey Pasta, Almond Crusted Salmon, Chicken and Rice Soup, and Gluten-Free Pizza. Check out her full menu for all the recipe links.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Sounds like Elisabeth isn’t crazy about the fuzzy skin on peaches, so she usually opts for nectarines instead. She does, however, say she enjoys this Gluten-Free Peach Coffee Cake from the Gluten-Free Goddess. For meals this week, Elisabeth is planning Salmon, Omelets with Veggies, Spinach Melon Salad [Or try peaches instead of melon.], Gluten-Free Pasta with fresh tomato sauce, Grilled Cheese, Garden Enchilada Bake, and Pizza. For more recipe links, visit her full menu post.
Check back later to see else may be sharing their gluten-free menus with us this week.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us again next week at CeliacFamily for sharing gluten-free menus and meals with Summer Squash.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.