One of the Seasonal Scents that I see used a lot during the holidays is Peppermint. I’ve been drinking Peppermint tea, for a couple weeks, but I see and smell peppermint more frequently in candy and treats. The smell and taste of peppermint candy canes is Christmas to me.
This month, I’ve been buying Mi-Del’s Seasonal Gluten-Free Candy Cane Cremes (peppermint cream chocolate sandwich cookies). In fact, the last time I was at Sprouts, I bought the last three boxes. They are good as they are, but my plan is to coat them with (or maybe just dip half in) even more chocolate. I might even add a little peppermint flavoring to the chocolate. Mmmm…so good.
I’ve only got a couple recipes with mint on my menu plan this week: Quinoa with Cucumber and Mint, and Mint Jelly I’m considering pairing with cream cheese (dairy-free for me) for Christmas Day snacks. But, boy did I find some very tempting Gluten-Free Peppermint Recipes for Cookies and Treats:
- Chocolate Cherry Peppermint Tassies at Simply Gluten-Free
- Chocolate Peppermint Snaps at King Arthur
- Creamy Dreamy Peppermint Patties at Oh She Glows
- Crock Pot Peppermint Fudge at Sugar-Free Mom
- Peppermint 7 Layer Bars at Fearless Dining
- Peppermint Bark at Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Peppermint Bark Cookies at Gluten-Free Canteen
- Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies at Gluten Free Mom
- Sugar Cookie Tart with Peppermint Truffle Filling at Food Fait Fitness
- Super Easy Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn with corn-free option at Ricki Heller
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge at Gluten Free Easily
- White Peppermint Cupcakes at Gluten-Free Palate
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, and ideas for including peppermint in your meals.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Smoked Pork Ribs, Country-fried Potatoes, Brussels Sprouts
Tuesday – White Bean Chicken Chili with corn tortillas
Christmas Eve – Beef Tenderloin, Spinach Salad, Quinoa with Broccoli and Mushrooms
Friday – leftovers
Saturday – Pizza, Cucumber Mint Quinoa Salad
Sunday – Beef Stew, Garlic Bread
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Corn-Free
Melissa reminds us how important it is to keep up with menu planning, especially on busy weeks like this one. Her plan for dinners this week is Roasted Chicken, Crispy Chicken Fingers, Beef Pot Pie, Slow-Cooker Hawaiian Chicken, Ham, and Tuna Noodle Casserole. She’s also sharing her grocery shopping with us.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth might be making the Vegan Peppermint Patties at Oh She Glows this week, along with some other yummy treats: Forgotten Kisses, Dairy-Free Fudge, Dairy-Free Egg Nog, and grain-free Sugar Cookies. For dinner this week, she’ll be having Fish Sticks, Irresistible Shrimp, Tomato Soup, Smoothie, and Pizza.
The Gluten Free Week: Gluten-Free
Lori is starting the week with simple meals and building toward some wonderful meals for Christmas celebrations. She’ll start with Chicken Pesto, Tacos, and Chicken Tortilla Soup. For Christmas Eve, she’s planning a Beef Rib Roast, Brussels Sprouts, Reindeer Potatoes, and Snowman Salad. How festive! Christmas Day, she’ll be having a Spiral Cut Ham, Finger Potatoes, and Green Salad.
Check back later to see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for including peppermint in your meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus and gluten-free foods with Cloves.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?