I have a love/hate relationship with pomegranates. I love the sweet, juicy arils, but hate it when the seeds are too hard to chew. I love the bright red color it add to recipes, but hate the time it takes to peel and separate the arils.
Fortunately, you can often find pomegranate arils already separated in the produce section of your grocery store. You can also easily find pomegranate juice. So, I guess I better quit complaining, and just start cooking.
I’m starting with these gluten-free pomegranate recipes that got my attention this week.
Made with Fresh Pomegranate Arils (seeds):
- Chocolate Pomegranate Clusters (GF, DF) at Lexie’s Kitchen
- Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Maple Pecans (GF) at Vegetarian Times
- Orange Pomegranate Muffins (GF, DF, Paleo) at Almost Supermom
- Persimmon Pomegranate Fruit Salad (GF, DF) at Simply Recipes
- Quinoa with Pomegranate and Pistachio (GF, DF, Vegan) from Stanley Tucci at AARP
Made with Pomegranate Juice:
- Blueberry Pomegranate Cosmo (GF, DF) at CeliacFamily
- Cranberry Pomegranate Syrup used for Cocktails and Arugula salad (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) at Simply Gluten-Free
- Pomegranate Chipotle BBQ Sauce (GF, DF, Vegan) at The Pure Pantry
- Pomegranate Sherbet (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) at Gluten Free Easily
- Slow-cooker Beef in Pomegranate Sauce (GF, DF, Paleo) at Gluten-Free Goddess
- Sweet and Sticky Chicken Pieces (GF, DF) at Dinner: A Love Story
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, recipes, and ideas for eating pomegranate from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Chicken Fajitas (didn’t get to this last week, so we’ll try again this week), Corn and Black Bean Salad
Tuesday – Slow-cooker Beef in Pomegranate Sauce, Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli
Thursday – Pulled Pork (easy slow-cooker recipe), sweet potato fries, green beans
Friday – Pizza, Rainbow Apple Salad (with pomegranate arils, perhaps)
Saturday – leftovers
Sunday – Grilled Salmon with Pomegranate Chipotle BBQ Sauce, Roasted Asparagus
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
I don’t see pomegranates on Melissa’s menu plan this week, but she does have some yummy meals planned! She’s starting with Quesadillas, Roasted Chicken, and Bean and Bacon Soup. Her menu continues with Chicken Pot Pie, Spaghetti with Bison meat sauce, Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili, and Polish Sausage Veggie Dump Soup. Check out her full menu post for recipe links as well as lunch ideas.
The Girl Who Couldn’t Eat Anything: eating without Gluten, Dairy, Peanuts, Oats, or Meat
Elisabeth prefers to use pomegranate juice in smoothies. For dinners this week, she’s making Beef Stroganoff over Rice, Bacon/Mushroom Frittata, Fried Rice, Beans and Rice, Tomato Soup, Pizza, Smoothie and Popcorn. Check out her full menu for breakfast and healthy dessert ideas.
Gluten Free Detroit Metro: Gluten-Free Menu
Amanda doesn’t usually buy fresh pomegranates, so she’s done some searching on the Internet for some tips. She shares a link for a great way to Easily Remove Pomegranate Seeds. This week, her menu includes Meatloaf, Lettuce Wraps, Salmon and Quinoa, Italian Wedding Soup, Hawaiian Pork Chops, and Burgers.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for eating pomegranate.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus, recipes, and ideas for eating pomegranates.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.