Root Vegetables is the theme for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this week. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you, but I will: That includes beets, carrots, garlic, ginger, onion, potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, water chestnuts, yams, and many more.
Just looking through my recipe index, it’s easy to see that my favorite root vegetable is potatoes:
- Beef, Potato, and Onion Kabobs
- Potato Farls
- Potato Salad
- Red Potato and Green Bean Salad
- Sweet Potato Casserole
I definitely need to expand my menu selections to include some other root veggies, so here’s what I found:
- Colorful Beet Salad with Carrot, Quinoa, and Spinach at Cookie and Kate
- Grilled Beets from Gluten Free Society
- Roasted Balsamic Beets at Elana’s Pantry
- Roasted Beet, Avocado, and Orange Salad at The Miniature Moose
- Carrot and Pistachio Salad at Saveur
- Creamy Thai Carrot Soup at Minimalist Baker
- Glazed Carrots and Ginger at Martha Stewart
- Perfectly Cooked Carrots at Rachael Ray
- Mashed Rutabaga at Gluten-Free Doctor
- Rutabaga and Turnip Hash Browns at Ricki Heller
- Rutabaga Latkes at Simply Gluten-Free
- Maple Glazed Yams and Cranberries at Gluten Free Mama
- Moroccan Yam Veggie Burgers at Oh She Glows
- Yam Salad at I am Gluten Free
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, recipes, and ideas for eating root veggies from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Grilled Chicken, Colorful Beet Salad with Carrot, Quinoa, and Spinach
Tuesday – Beef, Potato, and Onion Kabobs with sweet peppers
Wednesday – Fried Chicken, Yam Salad
Thursday – leftovers
Saturday – Eating Out
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Melissa has more yummy soups on her menu this week. Check out the Hamburger Soup, Split Pea Soup, and Oxtail Soup on her menu. She’s also planning Tuna Noodle Casserole and Spaghetti with Jamie Oliver Sauce for her menu this week.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for eating root vegetables.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus, recipes, and ideas for Halloween Monster Menus and Creepy Casserole ideas. 🙂
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.