By Southern, I guess I really mean the southeastern states of the US. And my definition of comfort food is sugar, salt, and fried…mostly high carbs. Of course, it doesn’t have to mean that for you. That’s just what I crave.
We moved back to the east coast this month, and we’re currently in a house full of moving boxes. I am definitely in need of some good Southern Comfort food to fuel my motivation for unpacking. 🙂 My favorite comfort foods are probably Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. But that’s not the only Southern foods you can make gluten-free.
Here’s are some good-looking Gluten-Free Recipes for Southern Comfort Foods:
- Country-Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy at Easy Green Mom
- Gluten-Free Biscuits and Sausage Gravy at Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Fried Chicken KFC-Style at Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- Slow-Cooker Pinto Beans from Paula Deen
- Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork at CeliacFamily
- Southern Collards and Hoppin’ John at Southern Girl Eats Clean
- Southern Cornbread Dressing at Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom
- Southern Creamed Corn at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Southern Kale at Kitchen Daily
- Southern Style Fresh Green Beans at The Gluten-Free Foodsmith
- Summer Succotash at Spicy Southern Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Casserole at CeliacFamily
- Peach Pie at CeliacFamily for dessert… yum!
Don’t forget to check below our menu for more gluten-free menus, meals, recipes, and ideas for Southern Comfort meals from our gluten-free blogging friends.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Bacon-Wrapped Chicken, Cornbread
Wednesday – Meatloaf, Steak Fries, Collard Greens
Thursday –Baked Ham, Broccoli Casserole
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Lots of yummy food at Melissa’s house this week. I’d even call some of it comfort food. Check out all the recipe links at her full menu post for Beef Roast, Potatoes, and Carrots; Old Fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup; Ground Beef and Cabbage Stew; Tuna and Brown Rice Salad; Spaghetti; and Taco Salad.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for American Southern Comfort meals.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus, recipes, and ideas for Texan/Mexican food.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.