Each week this month, I’m going to try a few recipes that feature spring-time vegetables. Then the following week, I’ll write a quick review on each of the recipes I tried. Here’s what I’m trying this week:
- Grilled Radicchio at Simply Recipes
- Spring Detox Smoothie @ In Sonnet’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Arugula Salad with Sweet Cilantro Dressing @ Gluten-Free Cat
Gluten-Free Spring Vegetable Recipes from Last Week:
Each recipe we tried last week were winners with the adults, but the kids were not as thrilled with them. The Easy Bacon Pea Salad was most liked by the kids, though they told me they would like it better with less onion and more bacon. I’d probably make it again with just one bag of frozen peas for the family, but the full recipe would be great to take to a potluck or family gathering.
My husband and I LOVED this Flank Steak, Arugula & Potato Salad. However, we didn’t make the recipe exactly as written. The grocery store was out of flank steak and arugula!! However, I did find a mixed bag of spinach and arugula, so I used that and grilled up some steaks. The salad turned out delicious with that dressing.
This Kale with Cranberries Salad was also delicious. What’s nice is how simple and easy it was to make. It’s great to eat with grilled pork chops or steak. My kids aren’t crazy about kale, so I won’t pretend they like the salad. But I really enjoyed it! The cranberries and pine nuts are nice additions.
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Bacon-Wrapped Chicken, Strawberry Arugula Salad with Sweet Cilantro Dressing
Tuesday – Southwestern Chicken Salad
Thursday – Pork Tenderloin, Rice, Roasted Broccoli
Friday – Leftovers and Spring Detox Smoothies
Saturday – Hamburgers, Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?