Cakes is the theme at the Gluten-Free Menu Swap this month. This week, I’m exploring gluten-free cake recipes that are also free of refined sugar. I’ve been taking sugar out of my diet this year, and have found that I feel so much better with just an occasional indulgence of sweet foods.
After being off of the sugar addiction for a few months, I just don’t need as much of it to satisfy my sweet tooth. So when I started looking at cake recipes, I wanted to try some that aren’t using so much sugar. It seems easy enough to use alternative sweeteners, but using a tried and proven yummy recipe is even better. 🙂 I found some very tempting recipes to try. None of them use refined sugar. I’ve noted if they use alternative sweeteners.
Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Cakes Recipe Links:
- Angel Food Cake – Agave (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Apple Cake with Cinnamon Glaze – Honey (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Simply Gluten-Free
- Apricot Cherry Upside Down Cake – Maple Syrup (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Nourishing Meals
- Banana and Coconut Cake (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Larder Love
- Butternut Spice Cake – Stevia (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Girls Gone Strong
- Chocolate Crazy Cake – Swerve and Stevia (GF, DF, Paleo, Nut-Free) @ Sugar-Free Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Layer Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting – Palm Sugar, Agave (GF) @ Simply Sugar and Gluten-Free
- Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake – Coconut Sugar and Stevia (GF, DF, Vegan, Paleo) @ Ricki Heller
- Easy Black and White Cake (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Elana’s Pantry
- Healthier Red Velvet Cake – Erythritol and Stevia (GF) @ Healthy Indulgences
- Healthy Oreo Cake (GF, DF, Paleo) @ Purely Twins
Other Cake recipes found this month:
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes with Fruit and/or Vegetables
- Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Flourless Cake Recipes
- Gluten-Free Birthday Cakes and Cupcakes Recipes
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Chicken Chili with rice
Tuesday – Grilled Chicken and Zucchini, roasted cauliflower
Wednesday – leftovers
Thursday – Indian Chicken with Quinoa, broccolini
Friday – Pork Tenderloin, Potato and Green Bean Salad
Saturday – Baked Chicken Nuggets, Sweet Potatoes
Sunday – Chicken Apple Sausage, Spaghetti Squash, Kale
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Mom’s Plans: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
Melissa is sharing what her family ate last week: Chicken Zoodle Soup, Rotisserie Chicken, Paleo Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Sweet Potatoes, and Bacon, Beef Skillet Supper, and Rosemary & Prosciutto Stromboli. For pictures and recipe links, check out her full menu post.
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- Join us next week for sharing more gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for gluten-free winter squash and other winter produce.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.