We are continuing the Summer Activities this month with Gluten-Free Summer Picnics as this week’s theme. The roundup of menus will be posted at GlutenFreeWeek.
For fun picnics at a park, playground, rest stop, etc., choose easy foods that don’t need to be kept refrigerated.
- Roasted Chicken Legs, chilled for easy eating
- Fresh Fruits — Bananas, Apples, Grapes, Oranges
- Fresh Vegetables — Carrots, Celery, Snap Peas
- Chips and Salsa
- Easy Desserts: Meringue Cookies and Sugar Cookies
Salads are always good ideas for Backyard Picnics and Parties, where you’ll have access to a refrigerator or a large cooler:
- Berry Fruit Salad with a Balsamic Glaze
- Tropical Fruit Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Corn and Black Bean Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad with Chicken
- Potato Salad
- Seven Layer Salad
- Peach Crumb Pie
- Fruit Pizza
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Grilled Chicken, Wild Rice Salad (didn’t get to have this last week)
Tuesday – Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Spicy Slaw, Sweet Potato Fries
Wednesday – Spaghetti and Meatballs, Tossed Green Salad
Friday – Salmon with Lemon and Dill, Rice Pilaf, Roasted Asparagus
Saturday – leftovers
Sunday – Seven Layer Salad
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, visit GlutenFreeWeek.
- Join us again next week at CeliacFamily.com for sharing gluten-free menus and ideas for Camping Gluten Free.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme.
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.