Summer Veggies are on our menus this month for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. This week, we’re featuring Gluten-free Sweet Bell Pepper Recipes.
Sweet Peppers add a nice fresh flavor to recipes, and a crisp juiciness to salads. I try not to eat too many sweet peppers. The green ones have always given me heartburn. Fortunately, the brighter colored peppers don’t seem to give me problems, so I do add red, orange, and yellow peppers to salads and salsas. I also like to sauté them with onions. My favorite way to eat peppers this summer is dicing them for a Pineapple Mango salsa with red onion, cilantro and a little lime juice to dress it. Sooooo good!
Here are some new Gluten-Free Recipes with Sweet Peppers I found to try:
- Beef Kabobs (GF, DF, P) @ Celiac Family
- Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers (GF) @ Ambitious Kitchen
- Broccoli Mushroom Casserole (GF) @ Celiac Family
- Chicken and Balsamic Peppers (GF, DF) @ Gluten-Free Goddess
- Chicken Relleno Stuffed Bell Peppers (GF) @ Gluten Free with LB
- Crock-Pot Stuffed Tomatoes and Peppers (GF, DF) @ Tasty Yummies
- Eggs Cooked inside a Bell Pepper (GF, DF, P) @ Steps 2 Nutrition
- Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers (GF) @ The Recipe Critic
- Roasted Red Pepper, Chickpea, and Spinach Curry (GF, DF, V) @ One Green Planet
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup (GF, DF, P, V) @ Show Me The Yummy
- Sausage and Peppers (GF, DF, P) @ Simply Gluten-Free
- Shitake, Red Pepper, and Spinach Stir Fry (GF, DF, V) @ Avocado Pesto
- Spanish Quinoa Stuffed Peppers (GF, DF, V) @ Minimalist Baker
- Thai Mango Salad with Peanut Dressing (GF, DF, V) @ Cookie + Kate
GF = gluten-free; DF = dairy-free; P = paleo; V = vegan
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Monday – Rotisserie Chicken, Wild Rice Salad with diced sweet peppers added
Wednesday – Chicken Chili over Rice
Thursday – Chicken Apple Sausage cooked with sliced Sweet Pepper and Onion
Friday – BBQ Ribs, Roasted Potatoes, Green Beans
Saturday – Chicken Fajitas with sautéed onions and peppers, corn tortillas
Sunday – Beef Kabobs with Sweet Peppers, Onion, and Potato
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at Orgjunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.