This week for the Gluten-Free Menu Swap, we’re exploring the American Southwest with Tex-Mex Cooking, meals, and menus. Visit Angela’s Kitchen for the roundup.
The food in the American southwest is highly influenced by the cooking of our southwest neighbor — Mexico. Ingredients and flavors of Mexican cooking might include: corn, corn tortillas, tomatoes, salsa, onion, cumin, coriander, cilantro, chiles, peppers, beans, etc. And together with the southern style of Texas cooking, it makes a delicious combination!
At our house, Slow-Cooked Mexican Chicken is a staple. I like to make a big batch, and use it for multiple meals: Tacos, Nachos, Cilantro Rice Bowls, Taquitos, Salads, etc. Here are some of our favorite Gluten-Free Tex-Mex Meals at CeliacFamily:
- Avocado Salsa
- Cilantro Rice
- Corn and Black Bean Salad
- Chicken Enchiladas with salsa verde
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Mexican Chicken Pizza with fresh tomatoes and avocados
- Pork Chops with Black Beans and Salsa
- Slow-Cooked Mexican Chicken
- Southwestern Chicken Salad
- White, Chicken Chili
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Pizza, Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Peaches
Wednesday – Rice Bowls with leftover chicken, Corn and Black Bean Salad
Thursday – Grilled Hamburgers or Steaks, Grilled Squash and Tomatoes
Friday – Hawaiian Shredded Pork (didn’t get to try this on Hawaiian week, so I’ll try again this week)
Saturday – Steak Fajitas with onions and peppers, corn tortillas
Sunday – leftovers
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup and more gluten-free menus, meals, and Tex-Mex recipes, visit Angela’s Kitchen.
- Join us next week for sharing gluten-free menus, recipes, and ideas for Back to School Month.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at OrgJunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.