Happy Halloween! If you are still looking for some last minute ideas to celebrate the occasion with gluten-free candy and food, check out some of our past posts.
This week, we’re finishing our monthly theme of Fall Produce at the Gluten-Free Menu Swap. This week we’re sharing some fun gluten-free recipe links for Turnips.
Turnips are not commonly eaten at our house. It’s just not the root vegetable I reach for when I’m shopping. This week, however, we’re going to give it a try with some of the yummy recipes I found.
Gluten-Free Turnip Recipe links:
- Apple, Turnip & Cabbage Hash (GF, DF, P, V) @ Affairs of Living
- Crispy Curried Turnip Chips (GF, DF, P, V) @ The Clean Dish
- Maple Roasted Turnip with Bacon and Crispy Shallots (GF, DF, P) @ A Clean Bake
- Maple Turnip and Carrot Mash (GF, DF, P, V) @ Healthful Pursuit (Keto Living)
- Pickled Turnips and Beets (GF, DF, P, V) @ Sanaa Cooks
- Roasted Turnips with Balsamic Vinegar (GF, DF, P, V) @ Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Beef over Garlic Mashed Turnips (GF, DF, P, V) @ Type 2 Diabetes
- Steamed Turnip Dumplings (GF, DF, V) @ Great British Chefs
- Turnip Carrot Fritters (GF, DF, P) @ Netrition.net
- Turnip Fries (GF, DF, P, V) @ Dr. Axe
- Turnip Hash with Basil Vinaigrette (GF, DF, P, V) @ Feed Me Phoebe
- Wild Rice Chicken and Turnip Soup (GF) @ Gluten Free Spinner
(GF= Gluten-Free, DF= Dairy-Free, P= Paleo, V= Vegan)
Celiac Family’s Menu This Week:
Tuesday – Grilled Chicken, Roasted Turnips with Balsamic Vinegar
Wednesday – Indian Chicken with quinoa, asparagus
Thursday – leftovers
Friday – Shrimp and Veggie Tempura, rice
Saturday – Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders, Rainbow Apple Salad
Sunday – Wild Rice Chicken and Turnip Soup
Gluten Free Menu Swap Roundup
Come back later to check this week’s post and see who else may be sharing their gluten-free menus, recipe links, and ideas for winter produce.
Want to join Gluten-Free Menu Swap?
- For this week’s roundup, email your menu link to celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Or, simply put your menu link in the comments below.
- The Gluten-Free Menu Swap Page has the current schedule of themes and hosts. If you’d like to host a future week, please send me an email (celiacfamily[AT]gmail[DOT]com) with your preferred date and theme. We welcome suggested themes, too!
Need more menu ideas?
- Laura at Orgjunkie.com hosts Menu Plan Monday every week. You’ll find links to hundreds of meal plans (not necessarily gluten-free) there.
- Or, check out some of my past menu plans.